The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1683326107552.png

Congrats! You found the one good beer Rogue makes! Most overrated Oregon Brewery ever...
Think I tried the Dead Guy Pale Ale once and remember thinking “it’s just OK”.
The Hazy IPA sounds familiar, might’ve sampled it at Pelican in Pacific City last Fall. If so, it obviously didn’t make much of an impression.
Pelican….. there’s another acclaimed brewery that fails to thrill me.

And here's my latest periodic check-in of recents....

Gravity Bound "Basket Case" blackberry & lemonade gose. Not his best one, needs a little more oomph to it.
Gravity-Bound-Basket-Case-Gose.jpg

Ex Novo "Pale Ale - Single Hop Series: Strata." Nice pale ale. Very smooth, the strata hops give a little "fruity" flavor.
Ex-Novo-Pale-Ale-Single-Hop-Strata.jpg

Quarter Celtic Brewpub "Good's Conundrum" hazy IPA. This style is not their forte but he did pretty solid with this one
QC-Goobs-Conundrum-NEIPA.jpg

Gravity Bound "Crystal View" kolsch. Really good....light, refreshing, great on a warm day....excellent example of the style.
GB-Crystal-View-Kolsch.jpg

Gravity Bound "Canopy Calls" hazy DIPA. This guy does hazy so well, always top tier!
Gravity-Bound-Canopy-Calls-NEDIPA.jpg

Any recommendations for a craft brewery in San Diego? Preferably a place that doesn’t limit themselves to IPAs.

Think I tried the Dead Guy Pale Ale once and remember thinking “it’s just OK”.
The Hazy IPA sounds familiar, might’ve sampled it at Pelican in Pacific City last Fall. If so, it obviously didn’t make much of an impression.
Pelican….. there’s another acclaimed brewery that fails to thrill me.

I stopped at Pelican on one of my Oregon Coast trips. Not bad by any means but not top tier stuff. The location in Pacific City is super nice though - that atmosphere on the ocean brings the beer up a notch.

Rogue make some decent beer, and the brewery in Newport is a cool spot for lunch. We were there for a wedding and could walk from our houseboat b&b so we took advantage. Had a few good IPA's from them, and a few that were so-so.

I stopped at Pelican on one of my Oregon Coast trips. Not bad by any means but not top tier stuff. The location in Pacific City is super nice though - that atmosphere on the ocean brings the beer up a notch.

Rogue make some decent beer, and the brewery in Newport is a cool spot for lunch. We were there for a wedding and could walk from our houseboat b&b so we took advantage. Had a few good IPA's from them, and a few that were so-so.
I was in Newport twice last year but never long enough to try any of their breweries.
The Pelican in Pacific City is a beaut. We went mid week in late September and it was still packed.
Their new location on Siletz Bay in the southern part of Lincoln City is spectacular too, they must have spent a ton on that place.

Is it just me or does the market seem to be flooded with IPA's and...um fancy beer cans 🤪
Yes, up here in Vancouver it seems like IPAs are everywhere.
Many are quite good but
I wonder if some people drink them because they think they’re supposed to, whether or not they actually like them is secondary.
The other one is sours.
Nice to taste a sample, but a whole pint?
No thanks

Back