The Royal Scam

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RS and Katy Lied are tied as my favorites of the Dan’s albums. They have less burn out factor for me over the other albums in the catalog.

I actually got to see the band twice, once in ‘73 for Countdown, and again for Pretzel in early ‘74. Really rocking shows! In ‘74 I remember my favorite song from them was saved for the last song of the set as if they knew it was amazing. “My Old School” just rocked the Convention Center in Las Vegas!

I run this full unfold into my preamp / processor. which synthesizes to 5.0. It sounds incredible in pseudo 5.0. Id say this is a worthy disc to own regardless if you mqa or not. But - alas ---the price of this disc is to the moon at the moment.

What is the preamp / processor you use? I'm curious about this. - thanks, kl

I used to study Larry's stylings in the 80's (not that I could ever get close to his playing LOL) but he's pretty much an open book in teaching this stuff...
I've watched a few of his video's, always interesting stuff. I don't play guitar myself and been struggling for close to a year now to learn some keyboard. But at 71 yo with arthritis in both hands and some Ozzy O syndrome from a youth mis-spent, the learning is very slow but still fun. :)

My still-pristine black Yamaha acoustic guitar now reposes on top one of my disc cabinets. It's gonna stay there too except when I need to clean up there. Haven't been able to chord her very well for 5 or more years. Not an expensive guitar, I paid a few hundred for it about 20 years ago, but it is pretty.

Back