John Lennon - Mind Games (2024 Box Set)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon A

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Happy Birthday John!

excerpt from post linked above:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN LENNON.

To celebrate John’s birthday today, October 9th, a new Deluxe and Expanded version of Imagine (The Ultimate Collection) is now available to stream and download, including the entire full-length collection of tracks (some previously only available on Blu-Ray) in Hi-Res Stereo and Spatial Audio/Dolby Atmos.

Rather than releasing all 78 tracks in one massive long playlist, each set of mixes (Ultimate, Elements, Evolution, Raw Studio and Out-Takes) is now being released as 5 separate albums, to be listened to and enjoyed in the way they were originally intended, as produced and curated by Yoko Ono Lennon.

We’ll be doing the same with the John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band Ultimate Collection soon, and then releasing a brand new, completely remixed Mind Games (The Ultimate Collection) in the summer of 2024, featuring an incredible six albums worth of material, followed by even more surprises later in the year.

R-1425897-1282596299.jpg

R-1190830-1523465309-7709.jpg

R-3852023-1516647272-4795.jpg

I think this is fantastic news!!!

:SB:SG:LB:QQlove:rocks

I'm quite glad that Sometime in New York City was skipped in favour of Mind Games. I'm really looking forward to hearing this upcoming set.

Last edited:
Hopefully the "six albums worth of material" includes the unreleased quad mix. If it does emerge, it'll be interesting to see who did the mix, because the quad remix of Walls and Bridges from the following year was apparently done by Carmine Rubino, even though Roy Cicala (who ran Record Plant NYC and who was certainly quad-friendly having done the quad mix for Imagine) did the stereo mix, as was the case with this album.

The title track is my favourite Lennon solo composition and actually has a really nice 5.1 mix (courtesy of Peter Cobbin) on the Lennon Legend DVD-V so any new surround remix will have something to live up to.

Looking forward to a surround mix of "Nutopian International Anthem"
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: I just hope the dynamic range isn't too low on that track.

Seriously, though, I'm very excited about this news, as I love this album and think that a good surround mix could really open it up in interesting ways. Fingers crossed that we are getting a physical box like Imagine and Plastic Ono Band.

I just hope that there is a) a physical set and b) a Blu-Ray audio disc included in this set after the extremely disappointing letdown of the "Revolver" set

:)
One thing I'll say is that Yoko has done a great job releasing John's solo stuff the "right way", imo.
Agreed, after hearing the tantalizing 5.1 of TNK on Love, not to have done a 5.1 at least on the Revolver set was really a major major F'up

Whilst thinking about Mind Games I realised that as of this morning I am now 17 years and 2 days younger than John Lennon would have been!

Back