Tom Petty’s “Wildflowers” in Dolby Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to wait until the licensing opens up to other streaming services.
Years?

Ragavee | Customer Service
Amazon Music HD is supported on the Amazon Music app for PC and Mac but not the Web Player. HD/Ultra HD Compatible Operating Systems (OS): 1. Any iOS device that can run iOS 12.0 or later, including iPhones and iPads released since 2014, can support HD/Ultra HD. iPhone 7 and later come with a lightning port to headphone adapter that functions as an Ultra HD (up to 48kHz) compatible DAC. Any Android device that can run Android 5.1 and later can support HD/Ultra HD. 2. Most Android devices that can run Android Lollipop, released in 2014, or later can support HD/Ultra HD playback. Android devices vary widely in quality and purpose, however, so we advise to check you manufacturer specifications for HD/Ultra HD support. 3. Any Mac from 2013 or later can support HD/Ultra HD, however you will need to update your Mac settings to listen to the best quality: - Go to Application/Utilities folder - Open “Audio MIDI Setup” - Change “Built-in Output” settings to 48,000 KHz or higher 4. PC support for HD/Ultra HD playback depends on the built-in audio player and DAC, which varies by device. Please check your manufacturer specifications.

Years?

Amazon Music HD is supported on the Amazon Music app for PC and Mac but not the Web Player. HD/Ultra HD Compatible Operating Systems (OS): 1. Any iOS device that can run iOS 12.0 or later, including iPhones and iPads released since 2014, can support HD/Ultra HD. iPhone 7 and later come with a lightning port to headphone adapter that functions as an Ultra HD (up to 48kHz) compatible DAC. Any Android device that can run Android 5.1 and later can support HD/Ultra HD. 2. Most Android devices that can run Android Lollipop, released in 2014, or later can support HD/Ultra HD playback. Android devices vary widely in quality and purpose, however, so we advise to check you manufacturer specifications for HD/Ultra HD support. 3. Any Mac from 2013 or later can support HD/Ultra HD, however you will need to update your Mac settings to listen to the best quality: - Go to Application/Utilities folder - Open “Audio MIDI Setup” - Change “Built-in Output” settings to 48,000 KHz or higher 4. PC support for HD/Ultra HD playback depends on the built-in audio player and DAC, which varies by device. Please check your manufacturer specifications.

I waited for Fear Inoculum and Chinese Democracy so Wildflowers Atmos will be like blinking my eyes.

Wow, I can’t wait to hear this. Guitar solos in the clouds? Bring it on! Would love to know how long the Amazon HD exclusive period is.

Years?

However, I agree with your broader point: Why put all this time and care into a mix only to launch it on an incompatible service? Sadly, that's surround for you. After all, these are the same marketing wizards that brought us DualDisc (which wouldn't play in some DVD players). Not to mention, still releasing albums on DVD where they consistently use the lossy encoding instead of BR where there are less ways for them to screw up.

Surround manages to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory over and over and over...

I have a Firestick 4K,it plays Atmos music from Tidal,no problem with that. :cool:

Amazon is also identified as the streaming service in the S & V link which begins this thread.

Sadly, I completely agree with Northernsoul. They botched this one out of the gates, by launching Wildflowers on Amazon which denigrates the TLC that went into the surround mix in the first place. I would bet that Wildflowers lands with other streamers eventually, but that's speculation.

I wonder how much Amazon paid to have this an exclusive. Seems like a waste to create full-on Atmos mixes for this amount of material and then only make it available to stream to a cube

Your right Jon , it kinda limits the audience by going only amazon .

Maybe they'll (Warner) come to their senses and release a physical product in 5.1 and Atmos so most people will be able to enjoy it.

He only set up his room two months ago, then did the mix. There's no way it could've been included in the boxes, which were completed in the spring. Sure seems he's talking about Tidal here:
"I really don't know. It depends on Warner Bros., and whether they think there's a market for it. I believe that, after the Amazon exclusive period ends, the Atmos version will also be available from other hi-res streaming services."
Let's also remember that Ulyate's mixes for Hypnotic Eye and Damn The Torpedoes are VERY conservative. This being his very first Atmos mix, I wouldn't expect much, regardless of his cloud description.
I'm guessing 90 days exclusive with the dumb echo speaker.

Back