• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Toshiba SC-410

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

surteess

Sonik Wiz

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Damn you always find some cool stuff. Another QM decoder. The decode modes are interesting. I don't think I've noticed that on the other Toshiba/Otto gear that's been posted. I'm always befuddled that if this is intended for the J market, why are the labels in English?

Circular Vibes

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
Here is the original auction link. Toshiba seems to be trying to compete with the Sansui QS-1 decoder with all those settings. I doubt it is any better in performance. Toshiba made a few decoders like this. Some had built in rear amps like this and others were for 4 channel preamps. This would be best suited for someone with a table top crumpack (tm Quad Linda) stereo system. These come up on Yahoo Auctions a few times a year. It is actually easier to find genuine Sansui decoders of better quality for good prices.

VJV

Hi Surtees, I’m in Auckland and am a quadraphonic novice. I’m looking for a receiver if you know any locals with something decent for sale? Many thx for any help you can give. John V