TT line capacitance

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldsaw

I have read with interest the comments made in the various posts about line capacitance in turn table patch cables. I am not an electronics technician nor do I play one on TV (I know, old joke) but when I determined that my malfunctioning Technics SL 1400 had bad lines or jacks I figured it was time to change them out. This was late last year, long before I found this very informative site. I went to my local audio retailer and bought a Monster 300 mkII cable 1 meter in length, cut off 32 inches of it and replaced the old cable. It works great.

From the other comments that I've read here made me wonder if I may have made a bad choice and caused me to question of use of Monster's products. Today I emailed Monster's customer service asking what the capacitance of the line is. They were very prompt getting back to me with the answer of 15.1 pf/ft. How does this compare to the highend cables that I have read about here?

Thanks for your input.
Mark

Back