TV Streaming Services and their Content

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tomorrow night my wife and I are going to watch Pixar's 'Cars', which allegedly is in 4K and Atmos on Disney +. Being somewhat of a road geek, that movie has a soft spot in my soul. The story of a town on a main road that gets bypassed by an Interstate. It hits me as I'm such a nostalgia type of guy.

I will report back. There are some great tunes in this movie, hopefully the Atmos does it well

NOW streaming on AMAZON PRIME: Christoph Waltz in THE CONSULTANT [8 episodes/4K/HDR]

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/the-consultant-trailer-christoph-waltz-amazon-prime-1235512584/
A man reclaines at his desk in a suit and tie in a scene from “The Consultant.”

I'm really enjoying this one. The retro-futuristic setting is a hoot, and the writing is very good.
I didn't even know about this show. It's funny that it wasn't that long ago that I heard that Amazon was going to try out producing some TV shows and I mocked the idea of it. Sure, the company that used to send you DVDs in the mail was doing it but never would I have guessed that Amazon or apple could pull it off. Now I don't know where I'd be without them. I don't watch a single show on the big 4 American networks and I have an OTA antenna that I only use to watch a local pirate TV station here in Toronto (as well as a couple of classic TV) channels. Everything else is on streaming. Which doesn't include Peacock, etc.

Tomorrow night my wife and I are going to watch Pixar's 'Cars', which allegedly is in 4K and Atmos on Disney +. Being somewhat of a road geek, that movie has a soft spot in my soul. The story of a town on a main road that gets bypassed by an Interstate. It hits me as I'm such a nostalgia type of guy.

I will report back. There are some great tunes in this movie, hopefully the Atmos does it well

So we watched Cars on Disney+, 4K and Atmos via Apple TV. The picture was perfecto. Sharp and clear and the stream was perfect. Not a single skip or stutter. The audio was pretty good, again, I can no longer judge it with percision, but I will say that the scene where McQueen and Mater go into the field to tip over sleeping tractors, well, when they trip them all over at once, the room was filled, all around me, with tripped tractors. Even I could hear that. Again, my wife said it sounded great, but I am missing the power of the songs in the film, the Sheryl Crow "Real Gone", the "Life is a Highway", and even the James Taylor tune, I just can't hear them like I used to.

However, I would say the Atmos/4K streaming from Disney is pretty damn good.

Last edited:

The Mandalorian | Season 3 Official Trailer | Disney+​

March 1st! - Disney+:LB

View attachment 87514

Had a blast watching episode 2 last night; this show continues to be a pure delight.

A little show trivia.
If you've noticed, Mando walks a certain way and it's all due to Brendan Wayne, grandson of John Wayne and double for Pedro Pascal as Din Djarin. He's got that John Wayne walk down, and it was decided that's how Mando should walk. So whether it's Pedro or Brendan in the suit, that famous John Wayne walk will be the way.

Had a blast watching episode 2 last night; this show continues to be a pure delight.

A little show trivia.
If you've noticed, Mando walks a certain way and it's all due to Brendan Wayne, grandson of John Wayne and double for Pedro Pascal as Din Djarin. He's got that John Wayne walk down, and it was decided that's how Mando should walk. So whether it's Pedro or Brendan in the suit, that famous John Wayne walk will be the way.
and, Hot Sauce, Pedro & Prince... this is making me hungry!!!

I especially liked him on Fringe. Great tv series 5 seasons. You can find it streaming now although back then I would buy the disc sets of series I liked.

Episode 3 of the Mandalorian was great. My favorite Star Wars spin off series.
Season 3 of Picard after the first two so so episodes is really solid. Up to episode 5 now.

I was totally shocked by the news. It hit me particularly hard as my wife and I are currently enjoying his work, watching season 5 of Bosch. As far as I know, no cause of death has yet been given. Sixty is far too young.
Yes, the news hit me pretty hard. Strange how that happens with people you really don't know.

The last season of Bosch really showed his acting range IMO.

Back