TV Streaming Services and their Content

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am on Season 5 of Justified on Hulu and it is one of best shows I've ever watched. Timothy Olyphant as Deputy Marshall Raylan Givens is a total bad-ass.

I just saw they are in production to do a sequel mini-series called Justified: City Primeval which should arrive sometime later this year.

I ‘read’ this book on Audible a year or so ago and discovered it on Apple TV+ this week. Just about to watch last 3 episodes now:

Shantaram​

Some great music in Atmos from T.Rex and Bowie not to mention some very interesting Indian music. These are real Atmos mixes not fakes.

I am on Season 5 of Justified on Hulu and it is one of best shows I've ever watched. Timothy Olyphant as Deputy Marshall Raylan Givens is a total bad-ass.

I just saw they are in production to do a sequel mini-series called Justified: City Primeval which should arrive sometime later this year.

Need some Boyd Crowder too. !!

All I want is to be able to pick and choose ONLY the channels that I want and pay for just those. One of the stupidest statements ever uttered is, "With cable you get 300 channels!" As if you'd watch most of them. Sometime in the future, once technology gets advanced enough, you will be presented with a TV menu and your selections will be unique to you and you will be able to pay a small fee for each channel you watch. You want to add a channel, just click, want to delete a channel, do the same. Right now I pay about $270.00 a month for Spectrum cable and internet and I bet I watch less than 25 favorite channels. I record my favorites so I can FF through commercials. I do get HBO and Showtime but hardly watch anything on those. I subscribe to Apple TV and get Amazon Prime movies and hardly watch those either. I spend a total of 7 hours a day with the TV on. It's ridiculous.

Last edited:
KALEIDOSCOPE - Netflix

Currently watching this heist series chronologically. You can watch in any sequence you like however. Stars Giancarlo Esposito.
  • Violet (24 years before the heist).
  • Green (7 years before).
  • Yellow (6 weeks before).
  • Orange (3 weeks before).
  • Blue (5 days before).
  • White (the heist).
  • Red (the morning after).
  • Pink (6 months after).

1673572621859.png

Disney confirmed that a brand new trailer for Season 3 of The Mandalorian will premiere during the ESPN NFL Super Wild Card Game, at halftime, starting at 8:00 p.m. ET on Monday, January 16.

The exclusive new trailer will debut for season three of The Mandalorian, streaming March 1, only on Disney+.

Netflix is my main go to for streaming... but really I can spend just as much time searching as I do watching. This thread certainly helps! But also I ran across something else a few years ago, & just saw an updated version I'd pass along:

https://www.netflix.com/tudum/articles/netflix-secret-codes-guide
A way to search Netflix by genres & other filters that is a lot faster than thumping buttons on your remote control.

Caveats: yopu must do this from a browser so obviously you need to able to have your PC hooked up to your TV or otherwise stream to your display device. My Oppo & PC hook directly into the HDMI inputs on my projector so, no prob for me. And you can test the search function in the link above, it works fine, but you need to be logged in to see all the relevant search results. Well you would need to log in anyway to watch a selection, right?

Edit:
While poking around on the TUDUM front page I found a pretty cool interactive 3D tour of The Glass Onion. Pages are kinda slow to load but it would be fun to check out on your phone while watching the movie. Again.

Last edited:
One of the things that sucked me into Netflix quite a few years ago was they had a decent selection of music performances & documentaries that I really loved to watch. For the longest time these are not presented prominently on the Netflix start page. But from the search function listed above I found this:

https://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/1701
I'm not much for Dolly or Garth but certainly there's some good stuff there.

The power of music was on full display for this new HBO Max series "The Last Of Us" episode 3; a real tear jerker of a show.
Kudos to Nick Offerman, Murray Bartlett & Pedro Pascal for some fine performances.

The internet is all abuzz about it!

View attachment 88053

HBO Max is one of the streaming services I don't have. But I've heard/read nothing but good about The Last of Us. I was perplexed in your pic about "3 records to cry to after listening to Linda Ronstadt." So I googled but I won't put any spoilers here.

I will mention once upon a time Hugh Hefner had a cable program called Playboy After Dark. Only a few years ago I discovered a Laserdisc compilation of all the musical performances on that series. Deep Purple, Grateful Dead, Joe Cocker, Steppenwolf, Dr John, Country Joe & so many others. Linda Rostadt was included. Hell, just listening to her sing brings tears to my eyes, I don't need any other records to help. So from her appearance on that show, here she is:

My copy both looks & sounds better than this YT vid so if anybody cares... nudge nudge wink wink.

No schedule for it coming to Boise, per their website.
5>6 years ago it finally dawned on me I watch so little network/cable TV in my Bassment, I finally got rid of my cable box. Naturally it still bugged me that I lost the ability to even watch local news or a network show my wife didn't want to see. So for about $80 I bought a nice little HD OTA tuner box. Yup, I've got a big Winegard antenna in the attic that works just fine for digital TV. For free the box gives me 62 chs, some of which are not even available on our Spectrum box with the family TV.

Of course as soon as I got this et up a friend told me about ATSC 3.0 & why did I buy something that will be quickly outdated?

So I did some research & the most important part to me was going to this new format is strictly optional with TV stations & the future is ill defined. Seems the future is now. But it won't bring any new enjoyment to my set up downstairs. And my goodness we just bought a new 55" Samsung QLED TV for upstairs. I guess we would have to use a ROKU or the such or buy a new TV to make use for it.

My understanding is it uses OTA for TV and also an internet connection for other features, a hybrid situation. Now why can't everything be handled by internet protocol? It seems to me this is not a new streaming services but upgrade to existing tech. Sort of like when stations transitioned from mono>stereo>5.1 at their own discretion.

Back