?? U2 ??

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GabeL

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
So, as someone who is fairly new to this whole surround sound thing, and who is a complete U2 fanatic, I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything about U2 releases either SACD or DVD-audio versions of some of their albums (I think Achtung Baby, Unforgettable Fire, and The Joshua Tree minimally)? Any word?

So, as someone who is fairly new to this whole surround sound thing, and who is a complete U2 fanatic, I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything about U2 releases either SACD or DVD-audio versions of some of their albums (I think Achtung Baby, Unforgettable Fire, and The Joshua Tree minimally)? Any word?

Hate to tell you Gabe, but Universal doesn't seem too concerned about surround or hi rez, so I don't think you'll see anything from U2.

That's really too bad. I think Achtung Baby would be phenomenal in 5.1. Guess we'll just have to wait and see if Universal ever changes its surround sound output. Thanks.

For now the best bet is concert videos, though I haven't checked out any U2 to find out if there's any true 5.1 on any of them, including RATTLE & HUM. Probably not, and too bad, because this would be a good catalog for 5.1 remixing.

ED :)

Yeah, the dvd of Rattle & Hum that I have is only in stereo, and truly not that great of stereo....really gotta crank it up. I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed for some future releases.

BTW, keep an ear/eye out for U2 in 3D on IMAX! In theory this should be coming fall of 2007....we shall see.

Good news, U2 will be releasing a dvd version of the Popmart in Mexico City video either this summer or early fall. So, for all us U2-heads out there....finally the transition from vhs to dvd is taking place....who knows what might come next.

:D Gabe

Good news, U2 will be releasing a dvd version of the Popmart in Mexico City video either this summer or early fall. So, for all us U2-heads out there....finally the transition from vhs to dvd is taking place....who knows what might come next.

:D Gabe
Hey Gabe....
Like Dave said earlier there is no chance of a "official" release of any U2 studio material in 5:1. But I have seen some DTS "bootlegs" out there. I have not heard any of them...

Now here is the deal on the Popmart DVD

It has been pushed back 2 weeks to the 25/26th of June.
Here is what is officially on the DVD.

DVD 1:

Performance from Foro Sol Autodromo, Mexico City, filmed 3rd December 1997

Pop Muzik / Mofo / I Will Follow / Gone / Even Better Than The Real Thing / Last Night On Earth / Until The End of The World / New Years Day / Pride (In The Name Of Love) / I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / All I Want Is You / Desire / Staring At The Sun / Sunday Bloody Sunday / Bullet The Blue Sky / Please / Where The Streets Have No Name / Lemon (Perfecto Mix) / Discothque / If You Wear That Velvet Dress / With Or Without You / Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me / Mysterious Ways / One / Wake Up Dead Man

DVD 2 (Bonus disc):

Bonus live tracks
Please / Where The Streets Have No Name / Discothque / If You Wear That Velvet Dress
All recorded live at Feyenoord Stadium, Rotterdam on 18th July 1997

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me / Mysterious Ways / One
All recorded live at Commonwealth Stadium, Edmonton on 14th June 1997

Bonus video tracks
Staring At The Sun (Miami version)
Directed by Morleigh Steinberg

Last Night On Earth - First Night In Hell (Remix version)
Directed by John Bland

Documentaries
- Lemon For Sale
- The Road To Sarajevo
- A Tour Of The Tour
- Last Night On Earth, One Day In Kansas

PopMart Tour Visuals Montage
Curated by Catherine Owens

Extras
DVD-Rom: Weblinks, Wallpapers, Screensavers

Aspect: 4:3
Sound: Disc 1: PCM Stereo, Dolby Digital 5:1 Surround, DTS 5:1 Surround