Van Halen Mobile Fidelity SACDs now available for pre-orders

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All 6 David Lee Roth era Van Halen albums on MoFi SACD are now available for pre-orders at Music Direct.

Rock on! 🎸
A friend had a couple of Van Halen albums (first and second) that he brought over (about 1979), he wanted me to make taped copies for his car. Anyway I started listening and basically said to myself "what is this s*#t?', but then I cranked it up, away up and WOW. That music is made to be played loud, same goes for AC/DC! It just doesn't sound right otherwise.

Music Direct owns MoFi

Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs
Parent companyMusic Direct
Founded1977
FounderBrad Miller

Thanks for that info cbmmm3!!!!
That's all I needed to hear. All six pre-ordered.
The only way I will be disappointed is if someone releases them on bluray in 5.1 or Atmos in the next 5 years.

ranking: VH1, VH2, W&CF, 1984, FW, DD

maybe next year we get the Hagar albums.

Last edited:
Thanks for that info cbmmm3!!!!
That's all I needed to hear. All six pre-ordered.
The only way I will be disappointed is if someone releases them on bluray in 5.1 or Atmos in the next 5 years.

ranking: VH1, VH2, W&CF, 1984, FW, DD

maybe next year we get the Hagar albums.
SACD’s or 1-Step LP’s?

I will probably put the first 4 in the shopping cart, stare at it for 10 minutes, and then say, what the hell, might as well get the complete set.

SACDs of course. I'm digital all the way, baby! Don't even have a TT anymore and don't want one.

and to answer GOS' shipping question, I used FedEx Ground. I'd have preferred UPS but that wasn't an option.
Is there actually a release date yet? Are they numbered?

And, of course...for those that want some of these and are thinking of waiting until they are actually in stock......

What if majority of them get swallowed up in pre-orders/TBA status? I've thought of that and will probably go ahead and make my order now. I really want these, more or less just because of how important Roth Era VH were to my over the top early years.

Thanks for starting this thread. I've been waiting for this to happen and I've pre-ordered all 6 SACDs now.

Hard Rock like Van Halen almost never gets any love from the SACD format, so it's an easy decision to pre-order and secure my copies. I suspect that MoFi may give these albums larger runs than usual, maybe 3,000-4,000 instead of the (standard?) 2,000, but I expect it will be all down to how many pre-orders they get. It may even end up that MoFi overestimate and copies of some or all albums have to be discounted to sell out, but I just don't want to take the chance that they will be conservative and copies will be gone the same month they are released.

Reactions: GOS
Back