What are your 5 favorite biographies/auto-biographies (BOOKS ONLY PLEASE) related to the MUSIC INDUSTRY?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicmemorabiliashoppellc

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I put this ? in this group because I really couldn't find a proper group.

For those of you that read and I"m pretty sure you all do cause you read my stuff :cool: :love: , I think this is a valid ?

Anyways this can include musicians, producers, managers, record label execs etc.

Please list only your top 5....in the other poll I"m doing its quite confusing....thanks

Last edited:
MVIMG_20200711_155821.jpg
MVIMG_20200711_155812.jpg

Billion Dollar Baby (The Alice Cooper Story) - .Bob Greene (if you don't have it, its expensive to get hold of)
Led Zeppelin - Hammer of the Gods.....(even though it may not all be true, its an interesting and entertaining read)
Rolling Stone Magazine - The Uncensored Story......by Robert Draper
The Dirt (Motley Crue)
Moon (Keith Moon) - The Life and Death of a Rock Legend....by Tony Fletcher

Last edited:
I completely disagree with your statement........That is for sure NOT TRUE.....some are but not most!!:mad:
All of my fav artists and musicians turned out to be monsters; Hendrix, Gaye, MJ, Jaco, Moon, Page, Bonham, Ozzy, Iommi, I could go on.

I thought Hendrix was all about peace, he was a violent thug.

Bootleg. The Secret History of the Other Recording Industry by Clinton Heylin
1594831585897.png
1594831655554.png

I really enjoyed the history and the story of so many discs that I own. 3/4 of the way thru I realized one of the individuals I knew! THAT WAS A SURPRISE and explained why he was still having difficulties with the FBI years later

Tune In: The Beatles: All These Years Vol. 1 by Mark Lewisohn
1594832290908.png

A very fun read, can't wait for vol. 2 & 3

Bootleg. The Secret History of the Other Recording Industry by Clinton Heylin
View attachment 53980 View attachment 53981
I really enjoyed the history and the story of so many discs that I own. 3/4 of the way thru I realized one of the individuals I knew! THAT WAS A SURPRISE and explained why he was still having difficulties with the FBI years later

Tune In: The Beatles: All These Years Vol. 1 by Mark Lewisohn
View attachment 53982

A very fun read, can't wait for vol. 2 & 3
Love the Bootleg books.....awesome reading!!!

Craig Dorfman: Brighter Day - A Jellyfish Story

Steve Lukather: The Gospel According To Luke

Joe Jackson: A Cure For Gravity

Jacob Slichter: So You Wanna Be A Rock & Roll Star

And lastly, coming out this Friday (but I’m already expecting it to be great), Liberty Devitto: Life, Billy, and The Pursuit of Happiness.

Back