What DVD Burner are you using in your PC?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What DVD Burner are you using in or with your PC?

This thread could be a help to those starting out or wanting to replace a defective burner. I currently am using:

PLEXTOR PX-740A Internal and a
PLEXTOR PX-716A Internal

I replaced my Plextors with Pioneers a while back. The Plextors crapped out :eek:, and after years of "bleeding Plextor colors", it seems they shit the bed and are now made by someone else and they aren't very good.

Sad.

I still have a workable Plextor 708A. It's a nice unit, but too fussy about what media it will burn.

A few months ago I decided it was time for a dual-layer burner and purchased a Pioneer 112. Just love it! Burns everything perfectly so far.

Now I mostly use the Plextor for burning CD discs, and the Pioneer for everything else.

The LG's work great. If you pay anymore than $40 for a burner these days you are paying too much. No fuss. Hundreds of burns. No coasters.

Actually they're 112's. So far they've been fine.

A few months ago I decided it was time for a dual-layer burner and purchased a Pioneer 112. Just love it! Burns everything perfectly so far.

Good to hear! :) My new computer came with a Pioneer DVR-112D burner. Though I still have yet to try it out. If there any issues, I will report back.

Back