What type of titles can be played in a Acura ELS system

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterzach

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Hope some of you Acura experts can help me out in deciding whether its worth the plunge to listen to surround in these cars.
I am giving it more thought to make my next car purchase a Acura because of the ELS sound system.
What can be played in the car. I know Dvd-Audio's are good.
What about dolby digital and dts titles like recent Gentle Giant,ELO,Nick Cave etc. Are those all good?
Are all those wonderful conversions that have been done by Bob R,AOQ,etc playable in the ELS.
In case its not good to discuss here, if people want to pm me how they get around converting sacd and Blue Ray titles to Dvd Audio playback and how complicated that is, that would be a help as well.
To bad there wasn't a OPPO type deck that could play all format's.

peter

Hi Peter,

You can play any DVD-A (retail 5.1, unwatermarked copy 5.1 or quad conversion) and DTS CDs. Unfortunately the DTS DVDs (Gentle Giant, etc) are not going to work that I know of because they are DVDs with empty Audio_TS folders where DVD-A tracks live. This content will likely be re-purposed to DVD-A by one of us if not already. PM me some more about that.

We love our 2004 Acura TL and it is a blast to take to concerts in Chicago, Atlanta, etc. listening to surround and enjoying the driving aspects very much.

My 2012 TL/Tech/SH AWD/ELS plays anything, except pure one layer SACD; does play hybrids
DVD/A's, DTS, CD, MP3's, Bluetooth Audio, Ipod's, etc.
Will Not play DVD/Video's
Best car audio for the buck; equal to, or better than the Porsche Panamera

my Acura ELS 5.1 System is awesome .
the dvd audio is pristine .

the biggest surprise for me was how Elliot Scheiner uses old school
Dolby®5 Pro Logic® II and makes compressed 2 channel iTunes music and CD's sound incredible .

Back