What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rock and Roll Years 1955-58 - Louis Jordan UK 2 CD The missing link between the big bands and rock and roll. Chuck Berry and all he influenced, including the Beatles and Stones would have sounded very different if there were no Louis Jordan. Having already purchased the Bear Family Complete Decca box, I believe I'm now complete. You gotta hear this guy!
louis-jordan-rock--n--roll-years-2cd.jpg
Caldonia (from a '40's juke box video [soundie]): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR6pHtiNT_k
Run Joe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbjz5UpJeu4

Live in Zurich 1960 (Swiss Radio days vol. 31) - Miles Davis Austrian CD
ACH003279696.1353041955.580x580.jpg

Mohribold by Andrew Taylor. Discovered when looking throught the Amazon feedback for the Five Miles Out deluxe set that I was so dissapointed with I sent back for a refund.... If you like early Mike Oldfield this is very influenced by him. It's soooooperb ! You can preview / purchase the whole album at http://andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com/album/mohribold . I think I'd heard about ten seconds of preview before I bought the CD :)

Beggars Opera - Pathfinder LP (Vertigo spaceship). Been hunting this one for a while. One of the strangest album covers ever...

Another piece of the puzzle, as I slowly rebuild the vinyl collection I sold back in the 80's. An original German pressing in NM condition.

The_Faces_-_Ooh_La_La_-_Front.jpg

just a few this week….

Lily & Madeleine - s/t
sisters, folkie duo, nicely done. their first full length album, none of the songs from the EP they released earlier this year are repeated
akr118_630.jpg

David Bowie - The Next Day (Extra)
bowie-next-day-extra.jpg

The Who - Tommy (2013 super-deluxe edition)
Got this for 18.99eur…..can't go wrong at that price!
thewho.jpg

Came in the mail yesterday -

Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel - Birmingham

It's a 2 x DVD set of the live show from Nov 2012, Steve performing the first 2 albums (Human Menagerie and Psychomodo) with orchestra. I wasn't sure I wanted the DVD over the cd's but I read a review that indicated the cd's omitted some of the between song banter so I figured I could have best of both worlds by getting the dvd's and ripping the audio to make my own cd's.

51TedGToLRL._SY445_.jpg

Picked it up on CD a week ago. The booklet has some Pictures of the stage, and finally I know what the "flat bed diesel" looks like the Uncle Meat Album from the Mothers is talking about. There's also a picture showing Jimi and Don Preston, the Keyboard Player of the Mothers.

I found today the documentary "Hear my train a comin'", and it has some film material from Miami with 5.1 included. Also film and Audio from Fehmarn, Germany.

[- Now I have to buy me a Bluray Player.... -]

-Kristian

King Crimson - The Road To Red

It's going to take me a while to tackle this massive set, but I'm really going to enjoy it! Can hardly believe I actually scored a copy for $100!

King-Crimson-The-Road-to-Red-content.jpg

May I ask how you scored it for $100?

DeepDiscount.com had it listed on their site for $100.60 briefly. I got an order in but they then cancelled it (without even notifying me!) and upped the price to the $175 range. I called and asked them to honor the price and to my surprise they did without much prompting.

I really like the Petula Clark and Paul cds. She recorded this new album at age 80 years old! Paul is a youngster at 71. I was lucky to have heard Petula sing live 11 years ago. Both good listens.

Back