What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diana Krall - "Wallflower"

This effort is done with a basic minimalist lounge style.
Her covers of these songs are relaxing and very enjoyable with a glass of wine after a busy day.
This will get many spins at my lounge. :smokin

Diana Krall - "Wallflower"

This effort is done with a basic minimalist lounge style.
Her covers of these songs are relaxing and very enjoyable with a glass of wine after a busy day.
This will get many spins at my lounge. :smokin

Thanks for your thoughts. I keep reading such conflicting reviews of this album I guess I just need to listen to it myself and decide what I think.

Thanks for your thoughts. I keep reading such conflicting reviews of this album I guess I just need to listen to it myself and decide what I think.
I have always liked her voice as it has some odd nuances to it.
This effort really expands on her voice as it takes precedence over everything else.
It is very easy to listen to and as I stated before, so relaxing. :smokin

The Waterboys
Modern Blues

Mike Scott turns down the celtic sound and turns up the Muscle Shoals on this great sounding disc recorded in Nashville & mixed by Bob Clearmountain.
There is a basic R&B structure to the majority of the songs - tight sounding rhythm section kicking it out against a Hammond organ & gritty guitar sound.
A little Van Morrison mixed with a pinch of Neil Young. Not your same shade of Waterboys' album aside from Mike's storytelling lyric style.

And did I mention it was mixed by Bob Clearmountain? The guy who is quoted as saying that he mixes all his current projects in both stereo & surround.
While a 5.1 of this album will likely never happen, I think it would sound Bob Marley "Legend" fantastic.

The Diving Board - Elton John Super Deluxe Edition CD, 2 LP, DVD & big honking book. #148 of 5000. The first Elton John album that I didn't get the first week, usually the first day it was out. Thanks to my guy Joe for this. A few weeks ago, a box (set) arrived from Amoeba. I knew it was my birthday present, but had no idea what. Still, I found out this morning that Target has a 2 CD deluxe version which has no DVD, book or LP's, but two tracks that aren't on this one. Guess I'll be stopping at Target today.

Shades of Billy Joel's The Stranger, which has a Target edition with an extra disc, and a Best Buy box with an extra disc. And, to be complete, you need a third version, the 5.1 SACD. Cash grabs.

I also got an orange box with my favorite French Champagne: Veuve Cliquot, with that distinctive orange label. Amor, ooh la la!

elton-john-the-diving-board-super-deluxe-edition-2lp-cd-dvd-book-box-set_5255781.jpeg

PS: the birthday card was a very romantic CUSTOM Hallmark card with this quote from former Chicago Mobster and Vegas "Hole in the Wall Gang" member Frank Cullotta on the back: "I had to get in a defensive mode, so I could attack."

The Diving Board - Elton John Deluxe Edition CD, 2 LP, DVD & big honking book. The first Elton John album that I didn't get the first week, usually the first day it was out. Thanks to my guy Joe for this. A few weeks ago, a box (set) arrived from Amoeba. I knew it was my birthday present, but had no idea what. Still, I found out this morning that Target has a 2 CD deluxe version which has no DVD, book or LP's, but two tracks that aren't on this one. Guess I'll be stopping at Target today.

Shades of Billy Joel's The Stranger, which has a Target edition with an extra disc, and a Best Buy box with an extra disc. And, to be complete, you need a third version, the 5.1 SACD. Cash grabs.

View attachment 18156

Thoughts on that album HERE

Se Delan "The Fall" - which I bought after listening to the KScope sampler that came with SW's latest.

If you like the Cocteau Twins you'll like Se Delan who are Justin Greaves of Crippled Black Phoenix, and Belinda Kordic on vocals, a Swedish singer who previously recorded as Killing Mood.

The Diving Board - Elton John Super Deluxe Edition CD, 2 LP, DVD & big honking book. #148 of 5000. The first Elton John album that I didn't get the first week, usually the first day it was out. Thanks to my guy Joe for this. A few weeks ago, a box (set) arrived from Amoeba. I knew it was my birthday present, but had no idea what. Still, I found out this morning that Target has a 2 CD deluxe version which has no DVD, book or LP's, but two tracks that aren't on this one. Guess I'll be stopping at Target today.

I also got an orange box with my favorite French Champagne: Veuve Cliquot, with that distinctive orange label. Amor, ooh la la!

View attachment 18156

PS: the birthday card was a very romantic CUSTOM Hallmark card with this quote from former Chicago Mobster and Vegas "Hole in the Wall Gang" member Frank Cullotta on the back: "I had to get in a defensive mode, so I could attack."

That is uncanny! I got my fella a bottle of Clicquot on the 10th for his birthday!! :friday:

Many Happy Returns Linda! Xxx

New 3-fer 2xCD set from BGO of Jose Feliciano's
"That The Spirit Needs", "Compartments" and "Memphis Menu" albums..
(hoping Compartments might be the SQ-encoded Quad! Pigs might fly, I know.. :D )

image.jpg

images.jpeg
The Diving Board (exclusive Target edition w/Gaugin Gone Hollywood & 5th Ave)
Didn't I just list the Ultra Deluxe Edition of this in post #1407? Yes, I did. When we realized that it still wasn't complete, Joe popped for this one, too. It's a pain to be a completist.

Back