• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter

TRES DISCOS.jpg

beerking

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter

View attachment 45811
All excellent choices Pups!!

Quad Linda

Staff member
Been waiting for these since late December. More Dutton Goodness is en route.

Vocalion UK SACD Quad reissues:

Canned Wheat/Wheatfield Soul - Guess Who

In Deep/Nexus (2ch)/Ring of Hands (2ch) - Argent 2 SACD

Mirror Image/New City B,S&T

My Maria/Calabassas - B.W. Stevenson

Booger Bear/Santana & Buddy Miles Live 2 SACD

Giant Box - Don Sebesky

Hangin' Out/Z - Mancini

Copland: Appalachian Spring/rehearses (2ch) Columbia ChamberOrch/Copland & Chavez: Four Suns/Piramide - Chavez/LSO

Vivaldi: Four Seasons/Four Concertos - Zuckerman/English Chamber Orch

Orff: Carmina Burana & Beethoven:Choral Music & Gershwin: American in Paris/Rhapsody in Blue - Tilson-Thomas/LSO 2 SACD

Stravinsky: Petroushka/Pulcinella Suite/Scherzo Fantastique/Symphonies of Wind Instruments - Boulez/NY Philharmonic

Music for Organ, Brass & Percusssion/Bach: Six Organ Concerto Sinfonias - Biggs

Concertos for Lute & Orchestra - Bream

oxenholme

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Passacaglia - at first listening an almighty disappointment - it simply didn't do anything for me. I will keep trying. It has some really deep bass, but it struck me as lifeless.

ar surround

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Passacaglia - at first listening an almighty disappointment - it simply didn't do anything for me. I will keep trying. It has some really deep bass, but it struck me as lifeless.

Might be one of those packages where the album art is fantastic but leads to a disappointing aural experience. This is quite a spectacular album cover.

Quad Linda

Staff member
More DV Quad Goodness:

I Am Woman/Long Hard Climb - Helen Reddy already bought Q8 & CD of both

Spirit/That's the Way of the World - EWF already bought SQ, CD & remastered CD's (in EWF albums box) of both and MoFi 2ch SACD of TWW

Survival/Family Reunion - O'Jays already bought SQ's of both

haven't owned before:
Love Crazy/Miracles (2ch)

Wake Up Everybody/Black & Blue - Harold Melvin

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
amazon Japan to the rescue:

Ordered Miles' Liveevil Quad SACD and Cornelius' Mellow Waves BD and I received it TWO DAYS LATER!!!!!! with normal shipping.... fastest delivery ever!!!!

I guess next time they'll deliver it before I click on the "purchase now" button (yeah, been watching a lot of Tex Avery lately...)

Quad Linda

Staff member
CD Japan sent my Live/Evil almost instantly DSL.

Meanwhile, I've waited 3 weeks to receive J. Geils' Morning After (2ch SACD) from MoFi. They did their part and shipped it. A couple days ago, USPS said it's in Iowa. Perhaps not the fastest way to get from the North Side of Chicago to the Northern Suburbs of Chicago. I didn't realize that it first needs to go to another state to get 30 miles away!! Hopefully, it will find its' way back to Illinois before it gets routed to Dubai. Our tax $$ at work.

BILLION$BABY

CD Japan sent my Live/Evil almost instantly DSL.

Meanwhile, I've waited 3 weeks to receive J. Geils' Morning After (2ch SACD) from MoFi. They did their part and shipped it. A couple days ago, USPS said it's in Iowa. Perhaps not the fastest way to get from the North Side of Chicago to the Northern Suburbs of Chicago. I didn't realize that it first needs to go to another state to get 30 miles away!! Hopefully, it will find its' way back to Illinois before it gets routed to Dubai. Our tax $$ at work.
The Post Office has nothing to do with the taxes you pay to the government.

Beefalo

QQ Supporter

soundboy

QQ Supporter
Jealous !
Please don't. It's really a sickness on my part. I already have the stereo single layer SACD and the multichannel single layer SACD, so this multichannel hybrid is really just a repeat of those 2 SACDs. But noooooooo....the completist in me must have it.

Again, it's a sickness.

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Please don't. It's really a sickness on my part. I already have the stereo single layer SACD and the multichannel single layer SACD, so this multichannel hybrid is really just a repeat of those 2 SACDs. But noooooooo....the completist in me must have it.

Again, it's a sickness.
Don't do it soundboy, you don't need it!!!