What's your favorite DVD-A title to date?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCunningham

I didn't list this in the normal poll format as you can only list a few selections and I figured there would be more nominations than that. I know that it may be hard for some of you to choose just one title, but that's the exercise. The ONE TITLE you like best. My choice:

The Corrs: In Blue

My favorite? That's hard to say, there are so many good ones. Right now it's "A Night at the Opera", but that's probably because it's new. "LA Woman" is excellent, and so is "Welcome to My Nightmare". And then there's "Rumors". Machine head is good, but I prefer the quadradisc.

The Quadfather

All right you guys, the point of this was to make you decide on the (1) title you consider the best. Too that point, let me rephrase the question. If someone came and took all or your dvd-a's away but let you keep just one, which one would you pick to keep? There is a point to this. I now have close to 40 discs, so I too could list several. What I'm hoping for is that someone will have a favorite that isn't currently in my collection.

I was disappointed with "Foreigner" since it's not a terribly aggressive or discrete surround-sound mix. However, "4" is just the opposite. It blew me away!

However, if I had to keep just one, I would stick with "Metallica". Powerful, well-crafted music with a surround mix to drool over. I know the music ain't everyone's cup-o-tea, but it's the one I keep coming back to.

Gotta go with the new Graham Nash!!!!!! This one is so good it is something to tell others to shoot towards. tad

Gotta go with Les Brown & His Band Of Renown. I usually end up disecting albums but with this one I remember faces, drinks, conversations (my own & other parties).etc from the assorted jazz festivals I'e been to (and man do I have an awful memory!).

ct,

I ordered this Tacet/Schubert DVD-A and it hissed and screached on my player and I had to return it. I was sent a second copy and had the same experience. Did you have the same problem, or has it played properly?

I have never had a problem with any of their discs playing on my JVC 723 player. Occasionally the player needs to be reset. I had hissing and popping on the first Grateful Dead disc - and learned how to reset the player through the JVC website. I'm sorry you had problems - the Schubert Violin Quintet, as I said above, is truly one of my favorites. I have all of their releases and find there classical releases "state of the art". They are only in multichannel, however, could that be the problem?

Back