What's your latest earworm???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So someone please tell me again that vinyl is superior to SACD, DVD-A, BR-A. :p I was listening to the quad of Sabbath's Paranoid in DTS. It is a needle drop of a CD4 and chock full of noises, clicks and pops. Wish I could find a nice clean Q8 if it even exists.

PM anytime you're feeling in a Paranoid mood :giggle:

Last edited:
It's still strains of side two of Kansas Leftoverture. Months now. This isn't necessarily a problem... I like that album! At the same time I'm not sure what to do. Normally rocking it out would help but I absolutely hate the AM radio sounding mix of that album. I think I mentioned this one if the "5.1 remixes you'd like to hear" thread.

Leftoverture slated for 5.1 SACD release approx 15 years ago.. i could weep at it being Leftunreleased-ature.. :cry:

Native Sons is one of those weird Columbia quads that never appeared on Q8, only SQ. So no one’s ever heard the discrete mix.

I really like the opening track “Sweet Marie”- it’s a blast in quad with all kinds of vocal refrains popping up in the rears. The rest of the album is a nice quad listen as well, despite a few lousy tunes (“Pretty Princess” in paticular is insufferable). As you say it’s certainly no Full Sail, but I think it ain’t bad. Would love to hear a discrete version someday, especially because my SQ pressing is crackly and the inner groove tracks are barely listenable.

love Native Sons in Quad! :QQlove

one of my most played matrix-only Quads! i reckon the SQ decodes into really cool 4-channel thru the Surround Master.. and the SQ LP i got from a German seller on Discogs is in nice shape.

"if i were a decoder
and you were an LP,
i'd love to run your hellical grooves right thru me,
oh sweet SQ,
you're the one for me,
i'd like to get to decode you.."
:love:

I heard some song on XM radio coming home today.....on the 60's channel. Can't think of the name..but cannot get the damn punch line out of my head...

Baby, now that I've found you I can't let you go.....blah, blah, blah..... Help...play something different.

I would sing that song to a little cousin of mine who absolutely hated it. Well, here you go...

I heard some song on XM radio coming home today.....on the 60's channel. Can't think of the name..but cannot get the damn punch line out of my head...

Baby, now that I've found you I can't let you go.....blah, blah, blah..... Help...play something different.

Was it by Alison Krause... Likely not if it was from the 60s... she has a great version of the song that is ok rambling around in your head.

You were right, Gene. Baby, Now that I Found You is from '67. arsurround posted that above. It was the first single by the Foundations.

Yes, bossfan, it was covered by Alison Krauss. Gene, she heralds from your part of the world. Her version is one of my most played songs on SACD. It is surround, but the typical mix of a live album. I also bought this on DVD-V w/video. It has aired on PBS & various video channels. There is a studio version on SACD, as well. Although I've always loved the Foundations version, Krauss' version has been an earworm for me for years:

My latest earworm is Spirit doing Sweet Stella Baby. It's about their biggest fan, Stella. It was released on the b-side of 1984.

Stella appears in the buff on both the gatefold and cover ot Jo Jo Gunne's Jumping the Gunne Album. Other than the 45, the original version first appeared in the Time Circle comp. Recently, I've played it 20+ times from the 5 CD It Shall Be box:

Was it by Alison Krause... Likely not if it was from the 60s... she has a great version of the song that is ok rambling around in your head.

Last edited:
Earworm of the last two days: Steven Wilson's Permanating. Wilson writes these really deep songs and then just as easily comes up with pop earworm material like Permanating. All while he also performs live and remixes classic rock into new stereo and 5.1. Is there anything this guy can't do? OK, so he won't be on the field for the NFC and AFC championship games this weekend, but I'll bet he plays football (soccer.)

You were right, Gene. Baby, Now that I Found You is from '67. arsurround posted that above. It was the first single by the Foundations.

Yes, bossfan, it was covered by Alison Krauss. Gene, she heralds from your part of the world. Her version is one of my most played songs on SACD. It is surround, but the typical mix of a live album. I also bought this on DVD-V w/video. It has aired on PBS & various video channels. There is a studio version on SACD, as well. Although I've always loved the Foundations version, Krauss' version has been an earworm for me for years:

My latest earworm is Spirit doing Sweet Stella Baby. It's about their biggest fan, Stella. It was released on the b-side of 1984.

Stella appears in the buff on both the gatefold and cover ot Jo Jo Gunne's Jumping the Gunne Album. Other than the 45, the original version first appeared in the Time Circle comp. Recently, I've played it 20+ times from the 5 CD It Shall Be box:

I bought the A.C. & U.S. SACD of this a long while ago (when it was still inexpensive), but I don't have the DVD-V. I've often wondered if the DVD-V sounds as good as the SACD (or close to)?

Lovin' Spoonful
Although I've bought lots of new software, I can't stop listening to the '02/'03 Buddah reissues. Some great alternate takes and instrumental tracks, too. Didn't Want to Have to Do It, Six O'Clock, Summer in the City, Jug Band Music, Wild About My Lovin' are all haunting me.

Before there was Creedence, there was the Spoonful. Great songwriting, singing, harmonies, and a talented guitar player. Quality songs w/chart appeal.

YOU NEED IT!!

Unknown Mortal Orchestra: Little Blue House. There's a live version on youtube where Ruban's tearing it up on guitar. The studio version has a clearer mix. I found UMO through yt's algorithm.

Summer in the City,

Summer in the City...just the mention of that one and I can hear the song...and Do You Believe In Magic...another "ditty" from the Spoonful...in an age of the 3 minute radio song...the Spoonful usually didn't even need that much...sometimes 2 minutes is all they needed...and the effect on the listener...spending the rest of the day singing some of the lyrics...and the founder of the band was the multi talented John Sebastian...who appeared on albums by the Doors....he played the harmonica on Roadhouse Blues on the Morrison Hotel album under the pseudonym G.Pugliese...and a few other Doors songs...he played 3 instruments on Gordon Lightfoot's "Sit Down Young Stranger" album...he was asked to join Crosby Stills and Nash...but declined...but played on some songs...he worked with Neil Young...he jammed with Jimi Hendrix and many other "stars" of the period...too many to mention...

John showed up at Woodstock without an instrument....as a spectator to enjoy the music...so he did what everybody did those days...he got stoned...but after a heavy rain the stage was too wet for Santana to appear with their amps turned on...so John was asked to fill in some time with an acoustic approach...so he belted out some songs acoustic style....and in addition to the Lovin' Spoonful's induction in the Hall Of Fame and his many session jobs with the top bands he had a solo #1 hit song...does anybody remember the TV show Welcome Back Kotter?....Welcome Back hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 charts....and yet John is rarely recognized as a top talent of that time period...

Summer in the City...just the mention of that one and I can hear the song...and Do You Believe In Magic...another "ditty" from the Spoonful...in an age of the 3 minute radio song...the Spoonful usually didn't even need that much...sometimes 2 minutes is all they needed...and the effect on the listener...spending the rest of the day singing some of the lyrics...and the founder of the band was the multi talented John Sebastian...who appeared on albums by the Doors....he played the harmonica on Roadhouse Blues on the Morrison Hotel album under the pseudonym G.Pugliese...and a few other Doors songs...he played 3 instruments on Gordon Lightfoot's "Sit Down Young Stranger" album...he was asked to join Crosby Stills and Nash...but declined...but played on some songs...he worked with Neil Young...he jammed with Jimi Hendrix and many other "stars" of the period...too many to mention...

John showed up at Woodstock without an instrument....as a spectator to enjoy the music...so he did what everybody did those days...he got stoned...but after a heavy rain the stage was too wet for Santana to appear with their amps turned on...so John was asked to fill in some time with an acoustic approach...so he belted out some songs acoustic style....and in addition to the Lovin' Spoonful's induction in the Hall Of Fame and his many session jobs with the top bands he had a solo #1 hit song...does anybody remember the TV show Welcome Back Kotter?....Welcome Back hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 charts....and yet John is rarely recognized as a top talent of that time period...

You've really saved me this morning Clint; just what I needed. Also got rid of my dreaded "bad" Headless Robotic E-Pop earworm. Your post drew me to another similar song, that's a favorite good earworm of mine called "Groovin'" by the Brigati Brothers;)

You also warmed my old bones like a fine shot of Scotch; I'm ready for some Summer weather, even though we're both in warmer states. I guess that's why old folks flock to the southern part of the states; because every year I seem to tolerate the cold less and less.

Just an overall great post, warm wishes from the other side of the country:)

Back