Which DVD-A player would you choose?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texquad

400 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
I picked up two DVD-A players the other day:JVC XV-SA75GD($129) & Toshiba SD4700($99). Both were open box units and came only with remotes, no cables or manuals. Which one would you guys recomend? Either one would work for me.

I have both the JVC 723 and the Toshiba SD 5700 unit. The JVC is slightly more user friendly (always picked up the DVD-A track without needing a monitor) but developed pixelization and reading problems. Apparently this is widespread on the JVC's, I know the 75 is no longer sold. the Toshiba SD 5700 seems to be more dependable, and the same problems are not reported. I find I have to use the TV monitor more, because it occasionally picks up another track - but once on its way it is more dependable. Hope that helps. They both need 6 cables for DVD-A connection. I would keep the Toshiba.

ct-Thanks for your help! I noticed that the Toshiba's were selling for alot more than the JVC's on ebay. Maybe they know something?
Would you allow me to purchase a copy of the Toshiba manual from you if I keep it?

I have the SD 5700, not the SD4800 unit which I have seen at Best Buy, and sells for about $100 less. Anyway they seem similar - I don't have an extra manual, but if you need help I'll be glad to look up the answer for my unit. You call also call Toshiba at their help line, which is listed at their website.

Back