Steven Wilson Will Steven Wilson be mixing anymore OPETH album in 5.1(preferably on Blu ray)?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keenly

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
We have 5 out already and 4 are so so imo.

I would love to hear them all in 5.1 with at least Blackwater on Blu ray. Steven/ Michael gave us the utterly bland storm corrosion on Blu ray but the most sublime Opeth and PT albums are not.

I would love to hear them all in 5.1 with at least Blackwater on Blu ray. Steven/ Michael gave us the utterly bland storm corrosion on Blu ray but the most sublime Opeth and PT albums are not.

The only other chance at this point for getting more Opeth in 5.1 surround would be if they released a 10th anniversary edition of "Damnation".
Steven W has already confirmed that he did a 5.1 mix for that album but it has not been released.
No word if a 5.1 mix was ever made for "Deliverance".
But yes, I agree that with the exception of "Heritage", the other Opeth 5.1 mixes certainly aren't up to scratch with other mixes I've heard.

I think the Storm Corrosion BluRay is sublime; to my ears it's a pre-cursor of what he achieved with "The Raven..." but each to their own! ;) ...would love to hear more Opeth in surround! :)

I happened upon Opeth when I spotted "Ghost Reveries" had a 5.1 mix available and bought it. I've been hooked ever since. It would be great to hear them in Hi-Res surround. I also liked Storm Corrosion, but I find I have to be in the right mood to listen to it.

I happened upon Opeth when I spotted "Ghost Reveries" had a 5.1 mix available and bought it. I've been hooked ever since. It would be great to hear them in Hi-Res surround. I also liked Storm Corrosion, but I find I have to be in the right mood to listen to it.

Yes i too love Opeth. GR actually has the best sound apart from heritage 5.1 even though the mix is not very immersive. Blackwater is terrible and Still life is compressed to death.

The only other chance at this point for getting more Opeth in 5.1 surround would be if they released a 10th anniversary edition of "Damnation".
Steven W has already confirmed that he did a 5.1 mix for that album but it has not been released.
No word if a 5.1 mix was ever made for "Deliverance".
But yes, I agree that with the exception of "Heritage", the other Opeth 5.1 mixes certainly aren't up to scratch with other mixes I've heard.

O.k that would make sense to release on Blu ray. When is the 10th anniversary?

I really hope this mix sees the light of day in either DVD-A or Bluray format. This is one of my favorite albums ever, and it is an absolute shame that there is a SW 5.1 mix sitting on a shelf somewhere.

Back