Yello in Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be interesting maybe. $20 bucks at Amazon France.

There's been a little discussion of this release on another thread (start here). I've listened to it casually on Tidal. Not really my bag, and compared to say, Kraftwerk or Booka Shade, they strike me as more jokey or gimmicky. But the Atmos mix is truly amazing, and if it ever shows up on ImportCDs or Amazon US, I'll get it for that reason alone.

Last edited:
I do not have an Atmos system, and probably will not for quite some time. (There is no way I can install speakers on the ceiling where I live, and I don't plan on moving anytime soon)

Will this play on a non-Atmos system, ie, will it decode to 5.1? I can play every type of modern surround format other than Atmos?

I do not have an Atmos system, and probably will not for quite some time. (There is no way I can install speakers on the ceiling where I live, and I don't plan on moving anytime soon)

Will this play on a non-Atmos system, ie, will it decode to 5.1? I can play every type of modern surround format other than Atmos?
it should. atmos technology is made of 2 signals. the base surround signal (which is what you would hear on a non-atmos system) and the object based metadata signal for the overhead channels.

Height speakers are a great substitute for in-ceiling. Up-firing speakers work as well but not as effective as the former solutions. So I guess never say never.

If you wonder who did the Atmos mix, it was these guys:
1608561907510.png

https://pmc-speakers.com/news/msm-studio-group-yello-dolby-atmos-album

Last edited:
+1 for a poll.

Listening to this album in 7.1 as I'm typing this. This is the long overdue surround extravaganza I always knew Yello could deliver (obviously, in the hands of the right mixers). Sound quality and mixing are everything I hoped they'd be.

Really, really hoping there'll some day be surround mixes of the back catalogue. Until then, this is a total winner. Would give it a 10.

+1 for a poll.

Listening to this album in 7.1 as I'm typing this. This is the long overdue surround extravaganza I always knew Yello could deliver (obviously, in the hands of the right mixers). Sound quality and mixing are everything I hoped they'd be.

Really, really hoping there'll some day be surround mixes of the back catalogue. Until then, this is a total winner. Would give it a 10.

I agree 100%,only 5.1 here but this is an incredibly well done mix and the sound quality is top notch :51QQ

Back