YES - Something's Coming

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DennisMoore Jr.

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
*Edit* Canada seems to have it as well:

http://www.amazon.ca/The-Studio-Albums-1969-1987-Yes/dp/B00FAQW2RS

Once again our friends from Germany seem to be the trendsetters, what is this?

http://www.amazon.de/Studio-Albums-1969-1987-Yes/dp/B00FAQW2RS/ref=pd_sim_sbs_m_5

UK has it as well:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Studio-Albums-1969-1987-Yes/dp/B00FAQW2RS

YES9.jpg

YES99.jpg

Attachments

• YES.jpg
    YES.jpg
    969 bytes · Views: 199
  • YES2.jpg
    YES2.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 202
  • YES3.jpg
    YES3.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 204
  • YES5.jpg
    YES5.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 195
It's on Amazon UK too:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Studio-...6&sr=8-1&keywords=yes+studio+albums+1969-1987

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!?!

I will guess it is the band bundling together in one BoxSet all the recent 2.0 sources(who knows from which master tapes?) that were released to HD Tracks to sell? Sounds like there is no end to re-releasing the same old 2.0 sources.... GodSpeed SW/NW in producing the 5.1 & 2.0 remixes from the original 1st generation multi-tracks!

(But we can still pretend there will be some multi-channel stuff in this box!) ;)

I will guess it is the band bundling together in one BoxSet all the recent 2.0 sources(who knows from which master tapes?) that were released to HD Tracks to sell? Sounds like there is no end to re-releasing the same old 2.0 sources.... GodSpeed SW/NW in producing the 5.1 & 2.0 remixes from the original 1st generation multi-tracks!

(But we can still pretend there will be some multi-channel stuff in this box!) ;)

No, I have read that this box set is a collation of the old Rhino remastered editions, including the bonus tracks that were on those. This includes the studio albums from Yes through to Big Generator. (Big Generator was not part of the Rhino release series, but was later released in Japan, with bonus tracks: "Love will Find a Way (Edited Version)", "Love will Find a Way (Extended Version)", "Rhythm of Love (Dance to the Rhythm Mix)", "Rhythm of Love (Move to the Rhythm Mix)", "Rhythm of Love (The Rhythm of Dub)".)

So nothing interesting then (n)

No, I have read that this box set is a collation of the old Rhino remastered editions, including the bonus tracks that were on those. This includes the studio albums from Yes through to Big Generator. (Big Generator was not part of the Rhino release series, but was later released in Japan, with bonus tracks: "Love will Find a Way (Edited Version)", "Love will Find a Way (Extended Version)", "Rhythm of Love (Dance to the Rhythm Mix)", "Rhythm of Love (Move to the Rhythm Mix)", "Rhythm of Love (The Rhythm of Dub)".)

So nothing interesting then (n)

Thanks! I hope this is not the "something's coming" that YES- Facebook has pending.

I bought:

the original YES cds
the Joe Gastwirt remasters
the Japanese HDCDs
(not to mention the LP records...)

What is the point to re-releasing this stuff endlessly? Are the other issues out of print?

It puts people off from buying the good 5.1 or 2.0 remixes when they come out. When I tell friends about a great SW/NW Tull or ELP remix, they say: "What's the point of another remaster?" The I have to explain: "Well this is a real remaster!" And I usually don't get very far...:(

Thanks! I hope this is not the "something's coming" that YES- Facebook has pending.

I bought:

the original YES cds
the Joe Gastwirt remasters
the Japanese HDCDs
(not to mention the LP records...)

What is the point to re-releasing this stuff endlessly? Are the other issues out of print?

It puts people off from buying the good 5.1 or 2.0 remixes when they come out. When I tell friends about a great SW/NW Tull or ELP remix, they say: "What's the point of another remaster?" The I have to explain: "Well this is a real remaster!" And I usually don't get very far...:(

Sad to say, but it's exactly the "sometin' s comin'", because there is a small teaser to watch on the Facebook page.
And the pictures show the cover of the reissue set.
Watch for yourself! :howl

The puzzling thing is why the rash of Yes box sets? Are the old record companies trying to get the max out the back catalogue before the new mixes are released?

The puzzling thing is why the rash of Yes box sets? Are the old record companies trying to get the max out the back catalogue before the new mixes are released?
Rhino loves coming out with CD versions of SACD releases. Since there was a SACD box set, they thought, hey, these dude-os outside of Japan would just love these non-SACDs since they are less confusing. Sort of like what they did with the Depeche Mode sets.

Back