You Tube?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, a lesson on how NOT to do a quad transfer. :rolleyes:

Still, it proves you can find just about anything on YouTube!

Would it be appropriate to let him and whoever watches this video know of a better way to do these in the comments section? I’d hate to see anyone actually trying to repeating this process...

Wow... that guy is clueless....:eek:

Question:
So you do each two tracks in a separate pass? Don't you have trouble time-aligning them by the end of the track? Maybe I misunderstood your process.
tubeie07 (2 months ago)

Reply:
Ah yes :) You make a very good point there,and I was waiting for someone to ask this.I normally use a quartz locked direct drive TT to transfer discs. Over the space of 1 track at a time i find the 'drift' is only 1/4 sec or so as a maximum.With that amount of slight drift,worst you get is the rear channels have a slight echo, and with the 'rough' SQ quad mixes of the day, it doesn't show that much! It's suprizing how little it actually drifts.

Reply to the reply:
250ms is quite significant, especially since it drifts in both directions, most likely. Isn't there a way of extracting all four tracks simeultaneously? Even if you could run two PCs or two iterations of a stereo program--then syncing would be more acceptable. "Slight echo" is actually quite significant, I suppose. Good work.

At least he's giving it a shot! He needs to find this place! :D

The sync'ing is a pain, not to mention using an Sony SQ decoder for a QS record. UGH!

Back