Zombies Discuss New Album & Documentary

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sometimes refer to them as a “three-hit-wonder” band. (“She’s not There,” “Tell Her No,” and “Time of the Season.”)

The story of the band breaking up, then having hits, is fairly well known, and I did see a reunion concert on TV a few years ago. I hope they can recapture their old magic, because I really enjoy their sound.

When my Mrs. and I first got hitched, at our first house, across the street there was another young couple and the guy was a complete Zombies freak and would travel to their concerts (circa 1979). I myself was pretty much finished listening to rock then but I have also traveled to hear concerts a couple of times. But the guy reminded me that I liked the Zombies and I got one of their CDs on the early side of my CD collecting.
Part of why I remember it so well is that his very pretty wife made sort of threatening remarks about what she was going to do while he was gone. I guess she didn't want to go. I think she was kidding.

Rod Argent: 'It’s not just to rake over the coals and make a bit of money. Not that there’s anything wrong with that … [but] that’s not our primary purpose'​

Considering how the music business raked artists over the coals back then, I hope they make a bit of money now...a lot of it.

I am really looking forward to seeing them this coming Thursday at their, nearly, home concert (next town to St. Albans). This is a much rearranged gig from Feb 2020, first Covid then one of the band had to have an operation. Did watch their live streamed concert though during a Covid lockdown to mitigate the disappointment of postponing the live performance. I am bad though, as I did not even realise they have released a new album. Must catch up before the gig.

Back