What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had said that, I would be in trouble with QL!

The same thought went through my mind, as I was typing....it did occur to alter my words, but i couldn't resist leaving be. ( I was expecting a quip from, Adam ! )

" Touch wood " has two meanings in the U.K. ( I think !! ?? ;) )

The same thought went through my mind, as I was typing....it did occur to alter my words, but i couldn't resist leaving be. ( I was expecting a quip from, Adam ! )

" Touch wood " has two meanings in the U.K. ( I think !! ?? ;) )

In the US it's " knock on wood" same meaning-but, we must allow her to comment, wait till she sees it! I couldn't resist!!
A must be sleeping

Super excited because I just won Donald Fagan's The Nightfly on Ebay for $37. I have a um test copy but it's nice to have the real thing.

In the US it's " knock on wood" same meaning-but, we must allow her to comment, wait till she sees it! I couldn't resist!!
A must be sleeping

just give me a minute to put on an Elton SACD and I'll get my wood ready for some hardcore knockin'..!

.. i.e. I'll be air drumming along with the band! :p

that was what you all meant wasn't it!? :eek:

Super excited because I just won Donald Fagan's The Nightfly on Ebay for $37. I have a um test copy but it's nice to have the real thing.

nice one! it's bloody wonderful! an amazing album, sounds beautiful and the gorgeous Elliot Scheiner surround mix is the full-fat, sugar cream icing on the top of a scrumdiddlyumptious cake! easily in my top 5 most played DVDA's (I'm surprised mine hasn't worn out through over use!) ;)

.. thinking on, its another album I have on just about every digital format! redbook CD, DTS in The Nightfly Trilogy Box Set, the DVD-A and the DualDisc (which I've kept sealed, seeing as its the same as the standalone DVD-A!).

(uh oh.. I'm gonna knock knock knock on wood..!!!) :banana:

nice one! it's bloody wonderful! an amazing album, sounds beautiful and the gorgeous Elliot Scheiner surround mix is the full-fat, sugar cream icing on the top of a scrumdiddlyumptious cake! easily in my top 5 most played DVDA's (I'm surprised mine hasn't worn out through over use!) ;)

.. thinking on, its another album I have on just about every digital format! redbook CD, DTS in The Nightfly Trilogy Box Set, the DVD-A and the DualDisc (which I've kept sealed, seeing as its the same as the standalone DVD-A!).

(uh oh.. I'm gonna knock knock knock on wood..!!!) :banana:

dammit! I don't have the Jap SACD! I'll put the wood away... :eek:

Heck, never even heard of this guy, but stumbled across the disc, played the samples and love it. It's 5.1, SACD...and very cheap. I should have it in a few days....less than $10 clams..

51qtCfLs4dL._SY300_.jpg

Heck, never even heard of this guy, but stumbled across the disc, played the samples and love it. It's 5.1, SACD...and very cheap. I should have it in a few days....less than $10 clams..

51qtCfLs4dL._SY300_.jpg

afaik, Concord released two M/C SACDs of albums by Poncho Sanchez ("Conga Blue" and "Out of Sight!").. I've not had either of the SACDs that long but I can tell you they both sound terrific, they're great albums and both have excellent surround mixes, though I prefer "Conga Blue" as an album. they're both must-have's from a surround p.o.v., imho (y)

It's still available on cdjapan. At a much cheaper price, than I remember paying for it ?? ( £19.77 + postage, of course ! )

the trouble with cdjapan is that they appear cheap.. and to domestic shoppers they are.. but once you've factored in shipping and import duty they're no cheaper than buying it from Amazon UK with free shipping and no risk of import charges!

the trouble with cdjapan is that they appear cheap.. and to domestic shoppers they are.. but once you've factored in shipping and import duty they're no cheaper than buying it from Amazon UK with free shipping and no risk of import charges!

Appreciate what you're saying.....I bought this on day of release, and off the top of my head, I think I paid about £40 - £45 ? ( Bank charges something like £1,50 to do the transaction too. )

Unless you have a "The Gap" credit card, then you pay a transaction fee, plus whatever the minimum finance charge is, so at least $3, even if you pay the bill in full. After that little screwup I cancelled the card.

what do you need The Gap card for cupboy?
Well, you don't need it. But I was making a large purchase at The Gap and there was this 20% discount if I applied for the card, so I did it and received the discount on that purchase.

Chopin Piano Sonatas on the Linn label--excellent sound and peformances.

51N3Ax4sy2L._SY300_.jpg

REM - Out Of Time. ( DVD-A )

( Looks like I've got a faulty disc, skipping, and couldn't even get to the end of disc, mucky disc, was new and sealed from Amazon.....fed up of returning things !! :(:( )

Oh crap !!! It's skipping again !!! :howl:howl:howl ( I'll have to send it back ! :( )

Oh crap !!! It's skipping again !!! :howl:howl:howl ( I'll have to send it back ! :( )

oh no! :(

can I make a suggestion? send it back and see if replacement still skips and if it does then rather than get yet another sealed one from the same seller, buy it used from an eBay seller with a good reputation. even if it still skips you can be sure the seller is scrupulous, they will have put it up for sale in good faith and if the problem manifested itself for them on their equipment they would mention in the listing or at least be aware that there may be a problem for the buyer too.. always a risk they only played the stereo or the lossy surround and so didn't encounter the problem if its isolated to the 5.1 Adv'd Res layer.. but could be worth a try if a straight swap of a new/sealed one from the same seller also skips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back