What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ça Ira - Roger Waters (2 xHybrid M/C SACD & 1 xDVD),
Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaughan (1st Stereo SACD from Sony/Epic, not the later MFSL),
Stankonia - Outkast (DVD-Audio).

Just bought this from a used bookstore for $7.

51IwnUslcmL._SY300_.jpg

LOL! Stankonia! I've had the DVD-A for a couple years, at least. It sounds very good IMO.

ah great! thanks for the info (y)

funnily enough, I've put off getting it for years! I'd rather have had "Speakerboxxx/The Love Below" in 5.1 (I'm not fussed about most of this album) and from what I'd read its not the best surround mix.. but when you find these things cheap you have to pounce! :p

Ça Ira - Roger Waters (2 xHybrid M/C SACD & 1 xDVD),
Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaughan (1st Stereo SACD from Sony/Epic, not the later MFSL),
Stankonia - Outkast (DVD-Audio).
I've been trying to unload a spare Texas Flood on an auction site for a couple of weeks now. No bids, no watchers, no nothing, not at all. Not very popular. Had no trouble unloading the MFSL.

I've been trying to unload a spare Texas Flood on an auction site for a couple of weeks now. No bids, no watchers, no nothing, not at all. Not very popular. Had no trouble unloading the MFSL.

oh dear, sorry to hear :( less of a Texas Flood and more of a Texas Drip!

what I'm going to say now may make me sound like a total fruitcake to you and almost everybody else on here who sees this.. but here goes.. I only bought the Stevie Ray as it came with the 1st run slipcase (the cardboard ones with the scaled down artwork plus grey/black sacd graphics/livery) as I'm in the process of getting every Sony/Epic/Columbia sacd for which there was a card slipcase release (there aren't that many). :eek:

Maybe not the right place to bring this up, but I needed to vent!

I was hoping to add the Anathema 'Weather Systems' CD/DVD-V set and Bowie's 'Reality' DualDisc to my collection, along with Fleetwood Mac's 'Rumours' Japanese SACD. However, both the Bowie and Anathema items never showed up because the former was deemed faulty before despatch and the latter got 'lost in the post' :( Both of these were supplied by eStocks on eBay and I was more than a tad disappointed, having received good service from them in the past. Thankfully, they were quick to refund and Burning Shed have now got the Anathema set back in stock so they're getting my money as we speak.

As for 'Rumours', it's been a month now and nothing has arrived. It was shipped from the US by blowitoutahere and they've been in touch and offered a refund/replacement if it doesn't show by next week. Whilst their feedback rating on eBay is a high percentage, it seems discs not arriving is a common complaint. I hope I don't have to add to that list :(

I've just got back from 3 weeks travelling on business around Iceland, Nigeria, Kenya and Dubai and was really looking forward to coming back to some 5.1 goodness. Ho hum... At least the Nosound album is on its way. Hoping it might show up today :)

</endrant>

Maybe not the right place to bring this up, but I needed to vent!

I was hoping to add the Anathema 'Weather Systems' CD/DVD-V set and Bowie's 'Reality' DualDisc to my collection, along with Fleetwood Mac's 'Rumours' Japanese SACD. However, both the Bowie and Anathema items never showed up because the former was deemed faulty before despatch and the latter got 'lost in the post' :( Both of these were supplied by eStocks on eBay and I was more than a tad disappointed, having received good service from them in the past. Thankfully, they were quick to refund and Burning Shed have now got the Anathema set back in stock so they're getting my money as we speak.

As for 'Rumours', it's been a month now and nothing has arrived. It was shipped from the US by blowitoutahere and they've been in touch and offered a refund/replacement if it doesn't show by next week. Whilst their feedback rating on eBay is a high percentage, it seems discs not arriving is a common complaint. I hope I don't have to add to that list :(

I've just got back from 3 weeks travelling on business around Iceland, Nigeria, Kenya and Dubai and was really looking forward to coming back to some 5.1 goodness. Ho hum... At least the Nosound album is on its way. Hoping it might show up today :)

</endrant>

I've bought loads of stuff from eStocks and blowitoutahere with no problems (and allyourmusic, eliteDigital etc.., they're all big boys and by definition of the sheer amount of sales they rack up they are bound to have a seemingly high fail rate but to be fair I don't think its disproportionate, they often come up trumps with OOP and used stuff) so I think you may just have been very unlucky :(

also, you never know, things from the US can take upto 6 weeks if they've been sent by el cheapo snail mail, so you might well still get that Rumours disc.

just a thought.. have you popped into your Post Office/sorting office with some ID to check just in case Rumours is waiting there? Only I had a parcel from the States that was seriously delayed and it turned out it was being held in lieu of customs charges but the P.O had never sent out the usual notification card (they were very apologetic but said they continued to hold it for 2 extra weeks) and hey presto there it was! I still got whammed for £8 plus the 20% VAT element of the declared value (GRRRR..!!) but at least it never got returned to sender (and all the bullshit hassle that entails..!!).

I've bought loads of stuff from eStocks and blowitoutahere with no problems (and allyourmusic, eliteDigital etc.., they're all big boys and by definition of the sheer amount of sales they rack up they are bound to have a seemingly high fail rate but to be fair I don't think its disproportionate, they often come up trumps with OOP and used stuff) so I think you may just have been very unlucky :(

also, you never know, things from the US can take upto 6 weeks if they've been sent by el cheapo snail mail, so you might well still get that Rumours disc.

just a thought.. have you popped into your Post Office/sorting office with some ID to check just in case Rumours is waiting there? Only I had a parcel from the States that was seriously delayed and it turned out it was being held in lieu of customs charges but the P.O had never sent out the usual notification card (they were very apologetic but said they continued to hold it for 2 extra weeks) and hey presto there it was! I still got whammed for £8 plus the 20% VAT element of the declared value (GRRRR..!!) but at least it never got returned to sender (and all the bullshit hassle that entails..!!).

I ordered from estocks just once, was put off by the negative feedback, but item was ok. Often ordered from EliteDigital, with no probs, delivery can vary. Also ordered from allyourmusic, no probs there.

REM - Out Of Time. ( DVD-A )

( Looks like I've got a faulty disc, skipping, and couldn't even get to the end of disc, mucky disc, was new and sealed from Amazon.....fed up of returning things !! :(:( )

Last edited:
REM - Out Of Time. ( DVD-A )

( Looks like I've got a faulty disc, skipping, and couldn't even get to the end of disc, mucky disc, was new and sealed from Amazon.....fed up of returning things !! :(:( )

have you updated the firmware on your BDP? the REM CD/DVDAs were notorious back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back