What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple more arrived in the mail...

Mick Harvey - Four (acts of love)

new album from ex-Bad Seed. For so many years he held that band (and Nick) together and his own stuff is generally quite good and should get more attention than it does.

61c7wF-uqDL._SY300_.jpg

Sigur Rós - Kveikur

41gfITAk0AL._SY450_.jpg

I wish Sigur Ros would release some surround sound. Would be awesome.

anyone else order Help? I'm dying over here! Need to hear it!! waiting still~!!
never mind the mail man brought it!
DTS-MA no mention of any music seperate from the film. I'll watch it tonight, and will give thoughts later.

Last edited:
The Three O'Clock - The Hidden World Revealed

One of the 80's "paisley underground" bands...a new compilation of mostly unreleased tracks, alternate takes etc

51MS%2B7oC6sL._SY300_.jpg

Just got a few more in:
1 - Sex Pistols - Never Mind the Bollocks (35th Anniversary Edition 3CD/DVD Box Set)
2 - Cream - Those Were The Days (4CD Box)
3 - Sex Pistols - Spunk.

Interestingly, a lot of people still think that NMTB was their first album - which of course it wasn't, as by then Glen Matlock had departed and on that album he played on maybe 2 tracks thatwere already in the can. The rest of the Bass playing was done by Steve Jones, which was dubbed over the rhythm guitars and helps to give the distinctive sound. The Spunk album is with Glen Matlock, and was mainly recorded by Dave Goodman and the bass playing is a hell of a lot better on those versions and is the only album with the original line up on it.

Joe Satriani - Unstoppable Momentum to get familiar for Sept concert, Sound Of Contact - Dimensionaut to be ready for August show in Atlanta.

The Dutch Woodstock (Holland pop '70) UK 2 CD & DVD Santana, Al Stewart, Canned Heat, It's a Beautiful Day, Jefferson Airplane, Pink Floyd. Soft Machine, Dr. John, Flock, T. Rex, Byrds & more.
gz102.jpg

Legend Remixed - Bob Marley & the Wailers CD
20130606-bobmarley-x600-1370546508.jpg

Mercy Dash - Hopper/Dean/Tippett/Gallivan UK CD
511DcmTOt5L.jpg

I just bought The Bee Gees. Called "The Ultimate Bee Bees". 2 discs..about 40 songs. Excellent.

there's a 3-disc set of that "Ultimate Bee Gees" too, complete with a DVD of their music videos, all in 2.0/Stereo Dolby Digital sadly, or I'd be all over it like a rash!!

I noticed earlier in the week that Burning Shed are now distributing Ozric Tentacles:

https://www.burningshed.com/store/ozrictentacles/

so to celebrate this and also to offer the Ozrics a bit more support after their horrific studio fire I thought I would buy a few more albums so today Jurassic Shift, Curious Corn and Paper Monkeys arrived. Going to try them in PLII 'cos the last Ozrics I played matrixed sounded wonderful!

The Dutch Woodstock (Holland pop '70) UK 2 CD & DVD Santana, Al Stewart, Canned Heat, It's a Beautiful Day, Jefferson Airplane, Pink Floyd. Soft Machine, Dr. John, Flock, T. Rex, Byrds & more.
View attachment 10914

Legend Remixed - Bob Marley & the Wailers CD
View attachment 10915

Mercy Dash - Hopper/Dean/Tippett/Gallivan UK CD
View attachment 10916

That Dutch Woodstock disc is best described as Archive quality. DVD Dullby Stereo and the CDs sound like bad dubs form the DVD's was hoping for so much more myself.

my latest Brothers and Sisters super deluxe edition by the Allman Brothers band worth every penny, only way to make that one better would for the whole contents to appear on DVDa or Blu Ray in Hi Rez with the main album in 5.1 hey universal I really should do your marketing

Just got a second hand original pressing of Pink Floyd's "Is There Anybody Out There" - The Wall live. It's supposed to be in "QSound" which I have found sounds pretty amazing through PLII. Report to follow...

Went out shopping today and picked up Jason Isbell - Southeastern and Buddy Miller & Jim Lauderdale - Buddy & Jim.

Rick Wakeman - No Earthly Connection LP

Actually has the foil insert for the cover effect.

Was $4

Julian Lennon - Everything Changes CD because iTunes version hinted at a very rich recording when all bits are intact. Recommended!

Back