ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Cataloge in 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:banana: :yikes :cool: :smokin :sun (y) :phones :D :cool: :banana: :yikes :cool: :smokin :sun (y) :phones :D :cool:

:banana: :yikes :cool: :smokin :sun (y) :phones :D :cool: :banana: :yikes :cool: :smokin :sun (y) :phones :D :cool:

I know its your birthday, but have you been smoking them there lupins again :smokin! Happy birthday!

Great news about Brain Salad Surgery. Its good to know that we've got something to spend our money on in November, if we've got any left after all the October releases!

Hopefully we get some details on the content soon. The Amazon.de link indicates 3 discs but wasn't something said earlier that BSS may be a 4 disc deluxe set?

I know its your birthday, but have you been smoking them there lupins again :smokin! Happy birthday!

Great news about Brain Salad Surgery. Its good to know that we've got something to spend our money on in November, if we've got any left after all the October releases!

Hello my friend, :)

No, I would be waiting for an invitation from the good sir Robert van Diggele to visit him in his country's fairest of cities to do such a thing as you intimated. I prefer to stay "legal" in that regard.

I simply can't contain myself at the prospect of another combination of discrete mixing and the music of Emerson, Lake & Palmer. Regardless of what type of music we all enjoy, certain recorded works really shine in 5.1. ELP is like that. In addition BSS was recorded so well and has more than enough dynamic range from the old tapes it is simply a mind-blower. For example: I LOVE The Who - Live At Leeds, but that really wouldn't be all that special in discrete 5.1...

To have BSS join the list of some of the already absolutely precious & magnificent 5.1 discrete mixes is something worth trumpeting from the heavens I say!(Yes, I have the 2002 DVD-A 5.1 BSS...) So my excitement is really a proxy for the emminent release of Trilogy in 5.1 and the hopes I hold for Works Vol. I in 5.1...

Happy days are here again, my friend! (And yes, October is going to be a wonderful month to shop, especially with the Steve Hackett classic Genesis live DVD in 5.1..)

No, I would be waiting for an invitation from the good sir Robert van Diggele to visit him in his country's fairest of cities to do such a thing as you intimated. I prefer to stay "legal" in that regard.

I simply can't contain myself at the prospect of another combination of discrete mixing and the music of Emerson, Lake & Palmer. Regardless:banana: of what type of music we all enjoy, certain recorded works really shine in 5.1. ELP is like that. In addition BSS was recorded so well and has more than enough dynamic range from the old tapes it is simply a mind-blower. For example: I LOVE The Who - Live At Leeds, but that really wouldn't be all that special in discrete 5.1...

To have BSS join the list of some of the already absolutely precious & magnificent 5.1 discrete mixes is something worth trumpeting from the heavens I say!(Yes, I have the 2002 DVD-A 5.1 BSS...) So my excitement is really a proxy for the emminent release of Trilogy in 5.1 and the hopes I hold for Works Vol. I in 5.1...

Happy days are here again, my friend! (And yes, October is going to be a wonderful month to shop, especially with the Steve Hackett classic Genesis live DVD in 5.1..)

I believe smoking lupins is legal in most countries! I too am looking forward to the Steve Hackett DVD, especially as I'm going to see him live at the Royal Albert Hall in October too :banana:

http://www.amazon.de/Brain-Salad-Surgery-Palmer-Emerson/dp/B00FBTYXM6/

The previous amazon.de link said 3-discs. This one says 5. So what could be the 5 discs?

5 Discs? Wow. I wonder if they're including discs with both 5.1 mixes, or live stuff they've got from the tours. The more the merrier as far as I am concerned. I'd guess there are more instrumental mixes and stuff that we haven't heard before too - the last "deluxe" set had a disc of stuff like that - perhaps there was more there than what they put out before?

When you are in Holland you are welcome to drop by, although you have to do the :smokin without me as it is not my cup of tea :) but there are a lot of places in the big cities to do just that :)

When you are in Holland you are welcome to drop by, although you have to do the :smokin without me as it is not my cup of tea :) but there are a lot of places in the big cities to do just that :)

Invitation accepted my good man! (y)

I am not really big on that either, but there is something about Floyd - DSOTM or ELP Trilogy in 5.1 combined with a totally legal outbreak of the "munchies" that has lasting appeal.

Do they have good salty snacks in Holland? I imagine they have a lot of salted little fish in tins...

Some idea to get the revenue up I'd guess. They don't want to sell 'em cheap like the first two.

Oops...:mad:@: I "liked" you by mistake(not that I don't really like you, my lad) The forum should frame the interactive option within the parent frame. Every forum is different, some interact on the top & other on the bottom, so enjoy the free & misguided PR & fame! :eek:

About the 5 discs: I think that may be the typical wrong pre-information that goes with all the world's nations selling from many different publishing entities and sources.

I doubt it will be 5 discs(I would love to be proved wrong...) cause ELP is nowhere near as popular as Floyd or even YES, so they can't demand top tier pricing like other artists have tried.
What could ELP fill the BSS 5 discs with?

Cupboy commented on how "cheap" the initial 2 ELP 5.1 released were. I think they were actually priced about right, since ELP doesn't really demand top $$$.

About top teir pricing:

I would love to know roughly how many Aqualung & Quadrophenia "collector" editions were sold at that high price that was set. Any of the marketing aces here can help?

I sure hope they will do either a single disc or double disc release...not gonna spend big bucks for another 5.1 mix of the BSS album.

Yeah, one would guess that only major ELP fanatics and "completists" would do that. A bigger question is why BSS comes before Trilogy. I would think putting out the unreleased 5.1 Trilogy would raise more public interest than another 5.1 edition of BSS(search amazon for ELP - BSS releases, there must be 25 or so available, including 2 5.1 mixes....) Both BSS & Trilogy have Greg Lake popular ballads on them, so their commercial strength is about even...

Although I'm taking this on faith in Jakko, I think the GREAT news is though, that both will be a fabulous 5.1 discrete mix, which is the most important thing for me.
I am sure Sony will give a little price bump over the 1st two ELP 5.1s, I guess around 23.00 US price....

Yeah, one would guess that only major ELP fanatics and "completists" would do that. A bigger question is why BSS comes before Trilogy.

giving "wideness" of selection of titles in surround, i wouldn't mind to buy second version of BSS with
different 5.1 mix if price is right. even giving the fact that my first BSS DVD-A haven't too often had been played.
and really can't get this concern about order of re-issue. as long, as catalog will be reissued in full, it's doesn't
metter which album come first. eventually all will be available in surround. what more we should ask for?

Back