ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Cataloge in 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is one difference though: the UK product is to be released on June 2; the US product on July 1. Maybe the UK will be updated.

Last time when the ELP and Tarkus deluxe editions were released, I think the US R&T versions came out about a month later than the UK Sony ones, so this might be the same instance.

Subtotal: $78.15 USD
Shipping: $16.60 USD
Total: $94.75 USD

I just ordered from Burning Shed. You silly sods think I will wait one second more than i have to to get this? :mad:@:

I'm getting excited to hear Jakko's remix although I really enjoy my 2002 BSS DVD-Audio 5.1 mix.

The price is a bit much but it is a complete box set, the only thing extra I would want would be a Bluray.

I really can't wait for GG Power & Glory.

When do you guys think we'll get word on the next YES in 5.1?

Last time when the ELP and Tarkus deluxe editions were released, I think the US R&T versions came out about a month later than the UK Sony ones, so this might be the same instance.

IIRC, with the first two the release from Sony in the UK got held back a bit to get more in sync with Razor&Tie in the USA and in the end the release dates between the two were only a week or two apart.

Just got a shipping notice from amazon.co.uk
My box set is scheduled to arrive on May 28 (but hopefully it will be much sooner!) :)

My AMAZON (UK) "Full" Box will be delivered on 15th May in Paris-France ! is it a joke or the real truth ? Hope…

Pre-ordered
Track Package
TOTAL £52.47
DELIVERY ESTIMATE Thursday 15 May 2014 - Friday 16 May 2014
Brain Salad Surgery Brain Salad Surgery
Emerson, Lake & Palmer
Sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.
RELEASE DATE
12 May 2014

My AMAZON (UK) "Full" Box will be delivered on 15th May in Paris-France ! is it a joke or the real truth ? Hope…

And mine to the U.S. reads: Preparing for Dispatch We’ve started preparing your parcel. This process can take some time but doesn't change the delivery date. We'll send you an e-mail when your order has dispatched. You can still request cancellation if you’ve changed your mind.

:sun

@pklshpu: No apology needed for a well thought out & composed post. A refreshing change actually!

I dare say you are a musician & a piano player? I consider your assessment of "Memoirs..." to be spot on. It is a fine musical piece with all the elements of what made ELP shine. Two things that may have let down the masses were the lack of organ and the military march at the end.
A march is always hard to swallow unless one has just been conscripted, then I suppose it would be even worse...Nonetheless it is a beautiful piece and one that deserves a second look by the haters. But... like you said; the Lake ballads on side one are truly horrible. The cover art is a disgrace and I found it to be disgusting when it came out in 1978. I am not big on male nudity.

@the group: Is there an updated release date for the box set? I'm ready to buy now. No more waiting needed on my end.

Hey, Dennis! You're absolutely correct! I was classically trained, but couldn't stop loving Prog since day one.
Hope I didn't sound too academic! But now I'm sure I won't sound academic at all: I can't help but find an occult meaning, a subtext, in that horrible "Love Beach" cover: Emerson's unhealthy tight pants might simbolize his talents being castrated by the industry and the corporative thinking of Atlantic, by then relying a little bit too much on Lake's Ballads.

Also, I've never thought before about the Military March ending the record. I must agree it didn't help!!!!

Pre-ordered
Track Package
TOTAL £52.47
DELIVERY ESTIMATE Thursday 15 May 2014 - Friday 16 May 2014
Brain Salad Surgery Brain Salad Surgery
Emerson, Lake & Palmer
Sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.
RELEASE DATE
12 May 2014

Today, I just got that:

Hello,
We thought you'd like to know that we've dispatched your item(s). Your order is on the way, and can no longer be changed. If you need to return an item or manage other orders, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.co.uk.

Your estimated delivery date is:
Thursday, May 15, 2014

:banana:

Today, I just got that:

Hello,
We thought you'd like to know that we've dispatched your item(s). Your order is on the way, and can no longer be changed. If you need to return an item or manage other orders, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.co.uk.

Your estimated delivery date is:
Thursday, May 15, 2014

:banana:

My order says preparing for dispatch! :yikes

Just received the BSS box and one thing I noticed is this new logo for something called "master source 96 24" as shown below. Never seen this before. Can anyone clarify? image.jpg

Just received the BSS box and one thing I noticed is this new logo for something called "master source 96 24" as shown below. Never seen this before. Can anyone clarify?View attachment 14118

DTS 5.1 = 96 kHz / 24 bits
DTS Master HD = 192 kHz / 24 bits

The sound was remastered from analogic tapes (of course in '73 !) to digital master with "dts" technology (sorry, my english is bad !)

Back