Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh, my birthday is soon...
Done!

You definitely won't regret this purchase! A great surround disc from start to finish, but it doesn't get any better for me than that very first song, "Is This Love".
Easily one of the greatest surround mixes I have ever heard! Hats off to Bob Clearmountain for a job well done! :)

Yeah, I'm the former. Ahhhhh, do you like Bob? "Oh Mercy"? (sadly not available in surround) "Blood on the Tracks"?

I have all of the Bob Dylan surround SACDs except "Another Side of Bob Dylan", and I love all of them except for "Love & Theft".
I ESPECIALLY love "Blood on the Tracks". I can play that one a lot and never get tired of it. It's one of Bob's best, and it really shines in surround. :)

Absolutely.... Blood on the Tracks is a shining diamond of surround music and music in general. Love & Theft "may" grow on you over time. You know how it goes... "Mississippi" may be a gateway...

I have all of the Bob Dylan surround SACDs except "Another Side of Bob Dylan"

Not sure I'd bother. It's just guitar, vocal and harmonica. I don't really think it benefits from surround. Not very discrete.
I bet Blood the Tracks is awesome! My favorite, so far, is Blonde on Blonde. I think it's the latest BD album I have in surround and has the most layers to play with.

Not sure I'd bother. It's just guitar, vocal and harmonica. I don't really think it benefits from surround. Not very discrete.

And that's precisely why I never bought it.
I previewed the music, read the reviews, and saw the poll results.
All of that clearly turned me off from getting that SACD, especially when I knew how stellar the other ones were in comparison.

Oh, man, I hope to hear that someday. I have a horror story about Psycho Street from my Boot Camp days...

I love horror films, but I wonder if I should even ask about yours. :yikes LOL!

You've definitely got to get this one. Psycho Street is killer!

image.jpg

ELP - Tarkus (DVD-A)

Gravity switch ON ;)

Back