Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Postman delivered this today. This old man is really happy right now! :)

SpecWeb did a good job on this one, lots of separation.

wgvva8.jpg

As long as we're talkin' Page/Plant, "Walking Into Clarksdale" sounds great with SpecWeb, and the CD was not a victim of the loudness wars... Recommended! (By me.)

Oh. I don't remember it being a concert, but I guess it was a sort of unplugged event then? I remember all the arrangements being hella mellowed out and stuff.

Quite memorable, IMHO, for the VERY discrete use of surrounds which is surprising since NO LED ZEP has ever been released in DISCRETE surround (I'm referring of course to their classic albums).

My advice to Page and Plant: get the lead outta your asses and jump on the 'discrete' multichannel bandwagon while the iron's still HOT! Put that "Whole Lotta LOVE" where it counts.

Curious as to what your thoughts are. I can't quite get motivated to listen to it again.

Björk is an acquired taste.......she's certainly not a mass market artist (like J Lo, Beyoncé or Taylor Swift) but I really do love her music (and crazy videos). Her first few albums are very melodic and complex and I've always considered her albums state of the art, SQ~wise. Vespertine is one of her later albums and takes a little more patience but on my system, the MLP 5.1 mix really bombards the listener with some awesome aural images.

She's not an artist you're going to revist often (a lot of people hate her style....period) but every once in awhile when I'm in the mood for something different (like a foreign film with (gasp!) subtitles.....I reach for Björk Surrounded....sit back and revel in her quirkiness............and she is QUIRKY!

While we [patiently] await the next Beatles, Michael Jackson, Led Zep, et alia, the newer music is a little harder to get into. It doesn't grab me like the older, more familiar and hook laden music of the late 60's and 70's 'instantly' did, but that doesn't mean there aren't great artists STILL making great music. It just seems 'different,' less familiar...but in a world of craziness, that little Icelandic waif, affectionately called Björk, will always have a special place in my listening room.

Call me a romantic with a penchant for quirkiness!

Back