ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a case got replaced there. I'd rather have a broken skinny hinge case than that mess.

Actually, that IS the DVD~A case the original Denon Disc came in....and moreover, it appears to be in excellent condition. And we also get to hear the esteemed composer/conductor Elmer Bernstein conducting the Royal Philharmonic Pops Orchestra in five of his own compositions.

On my system....it sounds fantastic. Clint got a DEAL! I believe it was 32 cents + s/h!

I paid almost $26 for the very recent AP Peter Gunn Stereo SACD and IT SHOULD ONLY SOUND THIS GOOD.

Actually, that IS the DVD~A case the original Denon Disc came in....and moreover, it appears to be in excellent condition. And we also get to hear the esteemed composer/conductor Elmer Bernstein conducting the Royal Philharmonic Pops Orchestra in five of his own compositions.

On my system....it sounds fantastic. Clint got a DEAL! I believe it was 32 cents + s/h!

I paid almost $26 for the very recent AP Peter Gunn Stereo SACD and IT SHOULD ONLY SOUND THIS GOOD.

LOL...I didn't pay 32 cents for that one...that was the Charlie Brown Christmas disc...it was $20 + shipping...

I decided to listen to the local FM station while I was in the shower...this weekend they have their annual countdown of the 500 greatest "classic" songs of all time...so I caught the countdown when it was on #4 to #1...this must be a listener driven poll...anyway...here are the 4 greatest classic songs of all time....4. Sweet Home Alabama-Lynrd Skynyrd..what I always remember about this song is it's the only song from that era that I can remember where a band called out another artist(Neil Young)by name in a song...in reference to Young's Southern Man...which attacked the racial atmosphere in Alabama......3. Walk This Way-Aerosmith....I could see Dream On in this slot...but not this song...2. You shook me all night long-AC/DC...a good song by the band but certainly not their best..but that album is excellent(back in black)...and #1 of all time....Black Dog-Led Zeppelin....another excellent song...but far from their best...

LOL...I didn't pay 32 cents for that one...that was the Charlie Brown Christmas disc...it was $20 + shipping...

You're absolutely correct, Clint. Question: How can you listen to FM radio in the shower with SOAP IN YOUR EARS???????????

BTW, Clint, I've left 3 items in my ImportCD basket for OVER a week and NO $5 off coupon. What's the Story, Morning Glory?

You're absolutely correct, Clint. Question: How can you listen to FM radio in the shower with SOAP IN YOUR EARS???????????

BTW, Clint, I've left 3 items in my ImportCD basket for OVER a week and NO $5 off coupon. What's the Story, Morning Glory?

In regards to the $5 promo code...there are 2 prevailing theories...the first is that it's a random selection(even though it's happened to me multiple times)...and it's a great advertising tool because the recipient is probably going to tell his friends...the second theory is that they remember you from the "hissy fit" you caused when they wouldn't accept your favorite form of payment...there is a secret list of people that have complained and you are on the top of the list:ugham::ugham::ugham::ugham:..I not only leave things in my cart...I keep coming back to the site and I revisit the cart and other areas of the site(looking for something to buy)...

In regards to the $5 promo code...there are 2 prevailing theories...the first is that it's a random selection(even though it's happened to me multiple times)...and it's a great advertising tool because the recipient is probably going to tell his friends...the second theory is that they remember you from the "hissy fit" you caused when they wouldn't accept your favorite form of payment...there is a secret list of people that have complained and you are on the top of the list:ugham::ugham::ugham::ugham:..I not only leave things in my cart...I keep coming back to the site and I revisit the cart and other areas of the site(looking for something to buy)...

Nay, Nay and NAY. I've repented and placed orders with ImportCD since then and let's be real: Unless Deep Discount has their 15% off sale, ImportCD has the lowest prices I've yet seen on the internet for music, at least....although AmazonUS still excels at BD~V prices.

BTW, does ImportCD charge YOu sales tax? Perhaps that's why you get all those $5 off coupons. I'm exempt from sales tax at both DD and ImportCD but NOT AmazonUS.

Nay, Nay and NAY. I've repented and placed orders with ImportCD since then and let's be real: Unless Deep Discount has their 15% off sale, ImportCD has the lowest prices I've yet seen on the internet for music, at least....although AmazonUS still excels at BD~V prices.

BTW, does ImportCD charge YOu sales tax? Perhaps that's why you get all those $5 off coupons. I'm exempt from sales tax at both DD and ImportCD but NOT AmazonUS.

Yes Ralphie...I pay the piper(6%) for residing in Florida...where there is NO state tax..I also pay tax on amazon because they have amazon outlets in Florida....I'd much rather pay tax on things I actually use(like music and movies)instead of being taxed just to LIVE in a state...check this out

Yes Ralphie...I pay the piper(6%) for residing in Florida...where there is NO state tax..I also pay tax on amazon because they have amazon outlets in Florida....I'd much rather pay tax on things I actually use(like music and movies)instead of being taxed just to LIVE in a state...check this out

Lucky, LUCKY, YOU. NO state tax. But I do feel sorry for our posters who live in the UK and Canada who are subject to those egregious import tariffs from US shipments.

Oh well, they (the government) always manages to get you somewhere. We in the states are fortunate that we can and do get these great deals on AF QUAD SACDs and even postage from AmazonUK to the US ain't bad at all.

BTW, I'm looking into those Djabe MLP DVD~A 5.1s. If you've never heard them they are a fantastic group and the two DVD~As I do have sound spectacular. Hope you like your Denon Film Busters. And your 42 cent Charlie Brown Christmas discs. Or, was it 32 cents?

I hate to burst your bubble(theory)about my promo codes...the fact that I pay tax...because a forum member who resides in a non-tax state also recently got the $5 promo code HERE

Sorry Ralphie...they just don't like you...perhaps a new mouthwash is in order:spot

Huh? What? So, I just received Steve Miller Fly LIke an Eagle and it tells me wrong region code??????? I have an Oppo....since when can't I play this disc?

DAmmmmmmn nice prices on the 2 Surround sound discs Super Session and Nightbirds :banana:

WOW, Snood....GREAT find even though I have most of the titles. Also, wonder if they're offering the additional 15% off since it doesn't specify 'not eligible for further discount.'

Was listening to Super Session last night (AF QUAD) and for $10 anyone who does not have this spectacular title should seriously consider it. Same for Nightbirds.

WOW, Snood....GREAT find even though I have most of the titles. Also, wonder if they're offering the additional 15% off since it doesn't specify 'not eligible for further discount.'

Was listening to Super Session last night (AF QUAD) and for $10 anyone who does not have this spectacular title should seriously consider it. Same for Nightbirds.

Yes you get the discount...they are $8.50..

Back