Simon & Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water"- Multichannel SACD - Cancelled

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a bit of hand-wringing, I've decided to simply keep my order. I now have high doubts it will be Quad. As I said in my original post. Oh well.
I really love the album, so I guess worse case scenario - I'll own an SACD stereo of the album.

Oh the other hand, maybe I'll get lucky....but....I...doubt...it. :)

After a bit of hand-wringing, I've decided to simply keep my order. I now have high doubts it will be Quad. As I said in my original post. Oh well.
I really love the album, so I guess worse case scenario - I'll own an SACD stereo of the album.

I'm going to get it...as long as it's better than the CD version I'm good...not sure where I'm going to get it from right now...I will check on my options when the release date gets closer..

I believe it will be surround (4.0 or 5.1). In Japan accuracy is important, they are sticklers for detail, so for CD Japan to put something incorrect on their website would be a terrible faux pas/loss of face. In the UK it would be "its your own fault for ordering it!". CD Japan's main market will be Japan..................oh and us lunatics!

I guess we won't really know until the Carole King Tapestry shows up. If that one is 5.1/4.0, then the chances the BOTW is as well are good. If not, then it's a big bummer.

Honestly, you really can't count on anything about audio releases these days. We could be pleasantly surprised, or it could be just the normal surround fan disappointment/frustration. Thankfully there was the Mike Robin reel of this one, which is pretty damn close to retail release quality.

November seems like a long way away from now. But yeah we have one of the best Mike Robin reel with this title.

Sony, Columbia, and Simon would be leaving money on the table here at this point by not using the quad master mix.

I just heard back from CDJapan...and the news is GOOD....it is multi-channel...they contacted the record company..

Here is what happened...after my follow up email stating the description says 4CH and that means multi-channel...they received more emails with the same observation...so CDJAPAN went the extra mile and contacted the record company...which took a "long time"...according to the rep who emailed me...he explained that if the record company doesn't put MULTI-CHANNEL in the description it means it is stereo...so that's what they thought it was...it is indeed 4CH...NOT 5.1...

Tapestry is listed as 5.1 in the new description here

I'm in. Fingers crossed that it's for realzies 4.0
That would make this the purchase of the year. This is most definitely one of those few, lovely albums where you can listen from end to end and truly enjoy every song. Being in Quad simply makes it all the better.

I just heard back from CDJapan...and the news is GOOD....it is multi-channel...they contacted the record company..

Here is what happened...after my follow up email stating the description says 4CH and that means multi-channel...they received more emails with the same observation...so CDJAPAN went the extra mile and contacted the record company...which took a "long time"...according to the rep who emailed me...he explained that if the record company doesn't put MULTI-CHANNEL in the description it means it is stereo...so that's what they thought it was...it is indeed 4CH...NOT 5.1...

Bless your little pea pickin' heart for the extra effort you went for all of us. Let's hope that they got a good original 4-channel mixdown tape to work with.

CLINT!!!!! !!!!

You are the freaking man!! This is why I've missed having you around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLINT!!!!! !!!!

You are the freaking man!! This is why I've missed having you around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So ALL this freakin' drama for nothing. Now I have to re~order although I did state in my email cancellation to them [CDJapan] that the reason for cancellation was due to lack of multichannel.

BTW, guaranteed the QUAD analogue tapes are in better condition than the first gen stereo master of BOTW from what I've heard so it should sound spectacular.

A BIG thanks to Clint for going the extra mile.

One more clarification from cdjapan ...

"We apologize for the lack of information.

Actually, we corrected the information on our website to mention that it is 4ch.

The product information supplied to us by the record company initially did not mention that it was multi-channel. Normally that means it is stereo.

However, after a few people inquired us about it, and we inquired the record company.

It took a long time before someone got back to us, but they confirmed that it is multi-channel and we corrected the information on our website."

:cool:

One more clarification from cdjapan ...

"We apologize for the lack of information.

Actually, we corrected the information on our website to mention that it is 4ch.

The product information supplied to us by the record company initially did not mention that it was multi-channel. Normally that means it is stereo.

However, after a few people inquired us about it, and we inquired the record company.

It took a long time before someone got back to us, but they confirmed that it is multi-channel and we corrected the information on our website."

:cool:

Wooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo :banana: Thanks Clint & Quadzilla:cool:

I just got the same email from CDJapan. Here's the email:

Hello.

We apologize for the incorrect information.

Actually, we corrected the information after we sent you the previous response and mentioned that it is 4ch.

When we examined the product information supplied to us by the record company after reading your email, there was no mention that it was multi-channel. Normally that means it is stereo.

However, a few other people inquired us about the same thing, and we inquired the record company.

It took a long time before someone got back to us, but they confirmed that it is multi-channel and we corrected the information on our website.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience, and I regret that we are contacting you now after your order was already canceled, but I just wanted to contact you to let you know what we did find out later on.

Sincerely,
Toshi Makiya
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp

It's been a bit of a bumpy ride, but I'm re-ordering now. Fingers crossed these both turn out to be the real deal.

The quad mix imo separates the vocals just very slightly from the music giving the lyrics sharper focus, and the music and arrangements more punch.

When the two vocalists are this good there is no worry about them sounding naked or removed, the strong melodic musical content is ever present. Great quad mix of a great album.

I can't think of another album in quad that was as strong seller or as high charting in original release.

I'm back feeling good again after suffering for a day or so at the thought of this being just another stereo tin disc.

Alright, now that's settled. Still NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY, better tell Paul Simon about this. Keep it to ourselves until this comes out!!!! ;)

Back