Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somebody on here mentioned that exact thing...a way to just extract the music from that set of DVDs...WAY over my head...there is some impressive surround on the set...but a lot of talking over the music as well...but even for me to just listen to the music today...it's a lot of material to go thru...you are listening to a song like the Taxman...and in the middle George starts talking and you hear the song in the background...
Gotcha - I think that sort of "talking" couldn't be parsed out. At least, not with my knowledge skills. :sneaky:

Marion Meadows: Player's Club/HEADS~UP Label/file under JAZZ

I've been listening to SO much 70's QUAD lately that putting this incredible ultra discrete Surround Disc in my player alerted me that nothing can beat modern Digital recordings recorded as exquisitely well as Player's Club. The sound explodes out of the speakers. Every instrument is articulated, the bass is deep and the discrete use of the surrounds so cohesive that it puts you squarely in the studio with the musicians.

Definitely worth a listen. If you 'dig' a Grover Washington vibe, this one's for you. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

https://www.hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=2010#tracks
A very long time ago he played at my cousin's wedding. A great time was had by all.

Hugo Montenegro quad 8s "Others By Brothers" & "Neil's Diamonds".

Attachments

• 20180520_182942.jpg
    20180520_182942.jpg
    933.5 KB · Views: 83
Beatles Anthology Episode 7 & 8...
Me too !!!

BTW...there are a small number of tunes presented in their complete form, such as" Blackbird ", and " Day In The Life ",---those 2 just off the top of my head.

Attachments

• 20180428_185503.jpg
    20180428_185503.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Hoff Ensemble - Polarity - Blu Ray (Pure Audio 5.1 DTS HD MA 24/192, 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos 48K, 7.1.4 auro-3D 96k/SACD - Recorded in DXD 24 bit/352.8 K)

polarity.jpg

Acoustic Jazz trio from Jan Gunnar Hoff produced and recorded by multiple Grammy award winner Morten Lindberg. Stunning fidelity - lovely & warm with a rich bottom end and a discrete sense of space. A wonderful addition to my jazz surround collection, while not overtly so, one can hear influences from Bill Evans, Vince Guaraldi, & George Winston.

Back