Future Dutton Vocalion & Dutton Epoch SACD Release Schedule

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know of the announcement, just looking for tge rumoured titles

Brian Moura posted to say;

Our next batch of titles, due soon, comprise a tantalising selection of soul, Latin, jazz and rock reissues, all of which are in the SACD format. Full details will be sent nearer the time; meanwhile, keep an eye on the Vocalionwebsite for updates.

You can also keep up to date with all things Vocalion and Dutton Epoch by visiting our Facebook page. And don’t forget to visit the Low Stocks/Deletions section of our website, home to the final reserves of several back-catalogue titles. This may be your last chance to obtain these rarities"

...and that's all we have to go on really.

gadzooks when will the speculation enddddddd!!!!!! even my tenterhooks are on edge 😬

maybe today 🤔

Brian Moura posted to say;

Our next batch of titles, due soon, comprise a tantalising selection of soul, Latin, jazz and rock reissues, all of which are in the SACD format. Full details will be sent nearer the time; meanwhile, keep an eye on the Vocalionwebsite for updates.

You can also keep up to date with all things Vocalion and Dutton Epoch by visiting our Facebook page. And don’t forget to visit the Low Stocks/Deletions section of our website, home to the final reserves of several back-catalogue titles. This may be your last chance to obtain these rarities"

...and that's all we have to go on really.

gadzooks when will the speculation enddddddd!!!!!! even my tenterhooks are on edge 😬

maybe today 🤔

And maybe NOT .... then WHAT?:unsure:

Adam, AFAIK, D~V doesn't play games. If you recall, AF put out 2 Surround SACDs every month ........ the equivalent of ONE D~V two~fer and everyone at QQ expected that allotment .... until the well dried up.

Well, D~V doesn't play by any set rules and sure, I've been disappointed by some of Michael's choices but bought them anyway .... just to support the cause .... 'cause, cuz, maybe some of them will come in handy for old[er] age or that occasional sensual massage :eek:lower.....ahhh, right there!

And we can sometimes be whiny little bitches at QQ~F and feel a certain entitlement ....... and most certainly the wizened Wizard of Watford owes us nothing .....but HAS given us a bountiful of sonic treasures at a time when NO U.S. reissue companies can or will, so when that next batch is announced ....... face Mecca or wherever ...... and kiss the ground that you have been annointed!

See the source image

Please, Please Sire, release Santana/John McLaughlin's Inner Mounting Flame on QUAD SACD

they'll have a tough time with Inner Mounting Flame, it was never done in Quad! 😆

unless Mr. DV remixes it from the multi's, as he has done for other albums (Arthur Fiedler, etc)...

hmm.. hmm.. 🧐

great idea! ...now where's my lederhosen! ah.. i know! i'll click my heels and take a Leftoverture to Kansas! alakazam! 👠

See the source image

"Adam, if you come to Austria I will give you a personal tour of Das SACD Pressing Plant."

And if you grow bored, Adam, we could always exchange fashion tips!

Last edited:
In a email I just got announcing the new classical releases:

"Our next batch of titles, due soon, comprise a tantalising selection of soul, Latin, jazz and rock reissues, all of which are in the SACD format."
I’m not aware that they currently release anything other than SACD titles.

I’d have rather they said “all of which are in the quadraphonic hybrid SACD format”

But it’s probably this week we will hear something shake.

...Please, Please Sire, release Santana/John McLaughlin's [/COLOR]Inner Mounting Flame on QUAD SACD[/FONT][/SIZE][/I][/B]

Some tenuous long term speculation...
The ‘Love devotion surrender’ Santana / mahavishnu McLaughlin collaboration i think would be a d-v contender based on it not being a mainstream Santana album AND the fact that d-v released the santana / alice coltrane quad
...Which could lead to mahavishnu orchestra’s quad of ‘between nothingness and eternity’
...before that i’d expect another Tomita quad since one is already sold out, another Weather Report and i still have a feeling The Guess Who may make another appearance or maybe BTO.
...dream releases would include unreleased quads of stanley clarke’s School Days, and mahavishnu orchestra’s Apocalypse, would also love a stereo sacd of return to forever’s Romantic Warrior, which may happen given we had a stereo Weather Report sacd for a non-quad

Some tenuous long term speculation...
The ‘Love devotion surrender’ Santana / mahavishnu McLaughlin collaboration i think would be a d-v contender based on it not being a mainstream Santana album AND the fact that d-v released the santana / alice coltrane quad
...Which could lead to mahavishnu orchestra’s quad of ‘between nothingness and eternity’
...before that i’d expect another Tomita quad since one is already sold out, another Weather Report and i still have a feeling The Guess Who may make another appearance or maybe BTO.
...dream releases would include unreleased quads of stanley clarke’s School Days, and mahavishnu orchestra’s Apocalypse, would also love a stereo sacd of return to forever’s Romantic Warrior, which may happen given we had a stereo Weather Report sacd for a non-quad

great suggestions! i'd buy all of those in a heartbeat ❤️

I'm happy to cheerlead for this label, the Billy Paul is just soooo good.....
a dream come true to have these vintage quad mixes liberated. I'm excited to see what the next titles will be...

yes and not only are they fabulous surround music they're Limited Editions as well..!

so.. i hope any QQ-ers who have been putting off buying them for a rainy day can get in there and buy them before it starts raining and they're all gone! 🌂 ☔:eek:

yes and not only are they fabulous surround music they're Limited Editions as well..!

so.. i hope any QQ-ers who have been putting off buying them for a rainy day can get in there and buy them before it starts raining and they're all gone! 🌂 ☔ :eek:

Or as the DV site says, "Buy now or repent later."

Back