Future Dutton Vocalion & Dutton Epoch SACD Release Schedule

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm ready for a big bundle! The Tomita Firebird was a nice teaser....now bring on the main course!!!

"..i'm ready for my big bundle, Mr. DV..!!"

9A3B1C5F-27A7-4E3F-B638-0A003C999817.jpeg

(am i ever ready.. 🤗

I'm for one having some patience (as my wallet is still smarting from the releases around the new year 😒 ).

That said, I'm excited that DMG has shipped me the latest KC big box 🤸‍♂️ !
While I'll admit I'm also checking this thread daily, it probably isn't productive. We'll get what we get when we get it.

While I'll admit I'm also checking this thread daily, it probably isn't productive. We'll get what we get when we get it.

that is so level-headed of you, supertrout! 🧜‍♂️

how can you not be in a frantic flap of frenzied anticipation!!! o_O

"..don't care how,
i want it nowwwwwww..!!!!"

yours precociously,
Verucca Salt 💃

5 months since the last DV Quad batch. Man, that's a long time

Come on!!!!! We need more and now :):):)

Regards,
Yes and when we see the next installment - how many titles are there - which ones were available / which ones selected - it will give us a clearer picture of what to expect going forward.

Still excited about what’s going to shake out of those Sony vaults!

The next batch of discs, which covers a variety of genres - and no easy listening, is on schedule to arrive sometime this month. The artwork (which I had the pleasure of playing a small hand in assisting with) is done, and I believe all the mastering and authoring is done too so it's just a matter of waiting for manufacturing and shipment of the discs from the replication facility. I'm going to go ahead and make the bold prediction that they'll arrive well in advance AP's Hendrix Are You Experienced? SACD. ;)

I know Mike would've liked to have gotten more discs out by this point in the year, but a number of mundane administrative things have cropped up that have required his attention. As anyone who's run a small business knows you can only fight one fire at a time, so I'm hopeful that now that he's dealt with that stuff we'll see a more robust release schedule throughout the second half of the year...and with some foreknowledge of what D-V are looking at doing, I'd say there's plenty to look forward to.

The next batch of discs, which covers a variety of genres - and no easy listening, is on schedule to arrive sometime this month. The artwork (which I had the pleasure of playing a small hand in assisting with) is done, and I believe all the mastering and authoring is done too so it's just a matter of waiting for manufacturing and shipment of the discs from the replication facility. I'm going to go ahead and make the bold prediction that they'll arrive well in advance AP's Hendrix Are You Experienced? SACD. ;)

I know Mike would've liked to have gotten more discs out by this point in the year, but a number of mundane administrative things have cropped up that have required his attention. As anyone who's run a small business knows you can only fight one fire at a time, so I'm hopeful that now that he's dealt with that stuff we'll see a more robust release schedule throughout the second half of the year...and with some foreknowledge of what D-V are looking at doing, I'd say there's plenty to look forward to.

As always, Dave, thanks for allaying our worst fears. Would like to be that fly on the wall who KNOWS firsthand what is and isn't on D~V's upcoming release schedule [thankfully, NO easy listening this time around] but I suppose part of the allure is NOT knowing and being somewhat surprised.

Glad to hear Michael J. has a lot more fuel in his arsenal and being the only multichannel reissue enterprise in the world at this surprisingly lackluster juncture [at least, surround~wise], we will be looking forward to the middle/end of 2019 for more Dutton Vocalion 'treasured gifts.'

yeay! the horses' mouth's right hand man speaks! :love:
(gives this horses' arse a rest from wildly speculating while chomping at the bit for the bitchin' batch!!).

now June i can cope with.
by July i'll have jumped off a Cliff (Richard), thrown myself into a Brook (Shields) or drowned in an Eddy (Grant) from the stress of feverish anticipationnnnnn!!!! 🤪

it's funny really i was thinking last night how as much as we're tearing our hair out waiting for more more more from DV, there's no right to opine! even when AF did 2 Quads a month, DV put out as many Quads in a batch and a half of 2-fers as AF did in a year and we were happy with AF's offerings so on that basis we should be ecstatic with DV's output!! 🇬🇧

As always, Dave, thanks for allaying our worst fears. Would like to be that fly on the wall who KNOWS firsthand what is and isn't on D~V's upcoming release schedule [thankfully, NO easy listening this time around] but I suppose part of the allure is NOT knowing and being somewhat surprised.

Glad to hear Michael J. has a lot more fuel in his arsenal and being the only multichannel reissue enterprise in the world at this surprisingly lackluster juncture [at least, surround~wise], we will be looking forward to the middle/end of 2019 for more Dutton Vocalion 'treasured gifts.'

lacklustre's being kind Ralph, its been a terrible year so far! if the 2nd half of 2019 doesn't have a decent number of new releases (and one or two major hitters to raise surrounds' profile) it'll be the worst year for new surround releases since the doldrum years of 10 years ago, possibly even worse. where would we be without DV? :eek: nowhere, i tell's ya! if one good thing can come out of this surround drought, it'll hopefully be DV can clean up, make a load of dosh from us surround-starved Quaddies and pump that money into licencing more of the (probably pricier to licence) rock & pop we crave!! long live DV, the King of Quad! 🇬🇧

This is great news, I am looking forward to spending more money but especially in getting my surround system reassembled at the new home in a couple of months. Stereo just doesn’t quite cut it anymore....

All the DV’s have jumped by a buck each on Amazon Canada via seller crazygreen8, whom I believe is DV.

£11.99 directly from the DV site, that’s up too, correct?

Back