A Special Preview of Quadio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Herbie Mann was on Atlantic and had a couple of quads.

And why isn't anyone mentioning Bette Midler?!

Yes, my tastes are very different than most in the group. 😕
No, we’ve previously expressed interest in the Bette Midler debut in quad. It’s well regarded musically and for its excellent and exciting quad mix.

I'd be super happy with a rerelease of Best of Bread.....have you seen what the AF version of that is selling for these days? :oops: ....and maybe a bonus track of Guitar Man for some added value. 🙂
Speaking of AF releases that are going for a lot these days - I and many others I know, would love to have America's "Homecoming" (best or second best in their catalogue IMO) on a Quadio. I realize that "Holiday" is in the next wave of releases, but I do hope that "Homecoming" is a future consideration due to the strength of the material.

Speaking of AF releases that are going for a lot these days - I and many others I know, would love to have America's "Homecoming" (best or second best in their catalogue IMO) on a Quadio. I realize that "Holiday" is in the next wave of releases, but I do hope that "Homecoming" is a future consideration due to the strength of the material.
Homecoming wouldn’t be considered for a Quadio as it never received a quad mix back in the day as far as I know. It was remixed in 5.1 by Elliot Scheiner for release on a Rhino DVD-A and later by AF.

If Rhino has access to the master, Hearts could be considered for a re-release as a Quadio.

Thanks for the info, disappointing as it is...for my wallet. I don't forsee those Audio Fidelity "Homecoming" MCH SACD's getting cheaper anywhere...sigh.

Thanks for the info, disappointing as it is...for my wallet. I don't forsee those Audio Fidelity "Homecoming" MCH SACD's getting cheaper anywhere...sigh.

Since Rhino is apparently gearing up for lots of 'physical media' coming out in the next few years of surround stuff, one would think that it might be a great idea to re-release some of the best of their DVD-A 5.1 mixes on BluRay. Stuff like "Homecoming", "Brothers in Arms", "Hotel California", the Donald Fagen/Steely Dan stuff, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner - stuff like that. At least the surround fans would have these great titles available again at a reasonable price and in a format that is current.

Great idea Jon. The question I have is how viable is Rhinos business plan. They have to make money. If they can't sell beyond QQ membership a niche market will this program just be a loss leader?
Fortunately for Rhino unlike AF they sell a whole range of products catering to many groups of music fans. That will help for a while.

I love America Hearts. I'm hopeful for that. (I would have picked Hearts over Holiday, to be honest

Just a thought.... what would be the odds of pushing for a new mix of something that was never released in Quad or 5.1?
Would it be possible to mix the first two Eagles albums into 5.1 and release all 5 albums in a boxed set? Or even consider remixing "The Long Run" as well??
Sure, it's a big undertaking but.... now is the time! If Mr. Henley would allow it, strike while the iron is hot. Eagles' fans aren't getting any younger, but also being such a top-tier act; I believe something like that would sell well.
Or maybe remixing some of Linda Rondstadt's albums.... or if the multitracks are still around, let's push for a new 4.0 mix of Sweet Baby James! Let's move mountains!

Just a thought.... what would be the odds of pushing for a new mix of something that was never released in Quad or 5.1?
Would it be possible to mix the first two Eagles albums into 5.1 and release all 5 albums in a boxed set? Or even consider remixing "The Long Run" as well??
Sure, it's a big undertaking but.... now is the time! If Mr. Henley would allow it, strike while the iron is hot. Eagles' fans aren't getting any younger, but also being such a top-tier act; I believe something like that would sell well.
Or maybe remixing some of Linda Rondstadt's albums.... or if the multitracks are still around, let's push for a new 4.0 mix of Sweet Baby James! Let's move mountains!
And perhaps Mud, Slide, Slim and The Blue Horizon in 4.0 as well?

And NEW QUAD remixes were already discussed as possibilities at the recent QUADIO launch in LA!

As CHIC belts out: 🎼GOOD TIMES! 🎼 And yeah, that too!

Linda! 😍

Great idea Jon. The question I have is how viable is Rhinos business plan. They have to make money. If they can't sell beyond QQ membership a niche market will this program just be a loss leader?
Fortunately for Rhino unlike AF they sell a whole range of products catering to many groups of music fans. That will help for a while.

I would expect moderation is the key. 4 Quadio's a quarter is a great start, with a 5.1/Atmos BluRay released every now and again. The rereleases of the DVD-A stuff would have to trickle in once the other two programs showed viability and profit, you would think.

It's just a thought, and not that original, but as with all business ventures these days, things take time to prove themselves, and results are what matters most

Tonight, tonight, tonight……..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Back