4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived yesterday. Not opened yet but two cases have small cracks in same place top lower right of lid. Which leads me to believe they went into the shipping box already cracked.

Edit: should be top lower left of lid near the hinge on both cases.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: GOS
Still waiting patiently for a shipping notification, one week on (UK address).

Date Ordered: 10/13/2023 7:28 am

Order Status: Ordered

Shipped to: Keith
I ordered mine on the 14th at 16.07, I had shipping notification and tracking number on the 17th, not much has happened on the tracking though, (UPS) says "FONTANA, CA, United States" at the moment.

I ordered mine on the 14th at 16.07, I had shipping notification and tracking number on the 17th, not much has happened on the tracking though, (UPS) says "FONTANA, CA, United States" at the moment.

Serves me right for being so cocky with the last bundle. I ordered way after many others who ordered on the day (probably by almost a month) and received my discs in the UK within a week whilst some of the 'early birds' across the pond were still waiting. Karma!

I submitted a message to the customer support page on Rhino Records about this supposed issue. I'll let y'all know if there are any updates.
Here's what I told Edison:
"I noticed that as well as the right rear seeming too loud on the second half of the album. And the lead vocals being to low, etc. It is how we found it.

I'd call it a mixing decision, not a mastering problem."

I called Craig Anderson when I got the ref and he said that is how the tape was. There were no notes to change any of the levels or balances so we didn't mess with it.
If someone has a Quad reel or 8 track of this that's substantially different, I'd like to hear about it.

"I noticed that as well as the right rear seeming too loud on the second half of the album. And the lead vocals being to low, etc. It is how we found it.

I called Craig Anderson when I got the ref and he said that is how the tape was. There were no notes to change any of the levels or balances so we didn't mess with it.
If someone has a Quad reel or 8 track of this that's substantially different, I'd like to hear about it.
Someone with the CD-4 said the channels were about the same loudness across the first song, unlike the blu-ray. HiRez Poll - Spinners, The - SPINNERS [Blu-Ray Audio]

I think the right rear is the correct loudness, as the album seems to mix the bass guitar equally between the two back channels across the blu ray release.

Thanks for the response, by the way!

Last edited:

I think @fredblue posted a recording of his CD-4 record recently. Maybe he'd be happy to chat about it!

I think @fredblue posted a recording of his CD-4 record recently. Maybe he'd be happy to chat about it!
Hey Baggy, tell FR that he can call you “Mike.” BTW, I’m waiting with baited breath for the next Rhino edition of Life In Surround.

BTW, do you have the “Best of Aretha Franklin”? It would be cool if you were to show all 11 Rhino discs in your next video so that the rest of us can drool.

Edit: Never that last comment as I recall that you’ve generously gifted your Chicago Quadio to a worthy recipient.

Hey Baggy, tell FR that he can call you “Mike.” BTW, I’m waiting with baited breath for the next Rhino edition of Life In Surround.

BTW, do you have the “Best of Aretha Franklin”? It would be cool if you were to show all 11 Rhino discs in your next video so that the rest of us can drool.

Edit: Never that last comment as I recall that you’ve generously gifted your Chicago Quadio to a worthy recipient.
He knows me.
And a friend has my Chicago set.
But maybe someday!

Saturday album - it’s like hearing it for the first time - this is BIG quad fun!
IMG_8886.jpeg

Back