4 more Quadio titles coming in January 2024! (Titles Announced)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(apparently, Quadios were deliverable today - got all 4)

(also got the UFO TV show [PAL format DVDs via Amazon], I'm really interested to see what life will be like in 1980!)

Kirk Bayne
UFO has been out on Bluray in several territories for some time now.

Doctor Doctor, please...man I loved the old UFO. Saw them at the old Tangerine Bowl in Orlando "Rock Super Bowl" with a lot of other artists back in late 70's/early 80's.
I like UFO too. I think “Strangers In The Night” is one of the top 5 live albums ever, but…
They are talking about a short lived British science fiction TV show from the early 70s about UFOs and aliens.

Looking at some of the AWB tracks, it almost seems like the front left channel is around 3dB too loud compared to the front right channel (perhaps the latter channel is too quiet). I'm going to look more into it and let y'all know.
1706420005527.png

Looking at some of the AWB tracks, it almost seems like the front left channel is around 3dB too loud compared to the front right channel (perhaps the latter channel is too quiet). I'm going to look more into it and let y'all know.
View attachment 100795
Rears are similar. But the content is very different Left to Right. This could be throbbing bass or something that is supposed to be louder over there.

I may be tempting fate here, but my experience with the Rhino Quadios shipping has been perfect. No broken/damaged cases, packed well, everything arrived about a week after ordering. I even got my Spinners replacement disc last week during a somewhat rare snow and ice storm.
Before online ordering, the advertisements in magazines all said: "allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery". Things are much better these days.

I may be tempting fate here, but my experience with the Rhino Quadios shipping has been perfect. No broken/damaged cases, packed well, everything arrived about a week after ordering. I even got my Spinners replacement disc last week during a somewhat rare snow and ice storm.
Before online ordering, the advertisements in magazines all said: "allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery". Things are much better these days.
My Spinners replacement arrived during the storm, too. I'm actually surprised my mail carrier chose to brave my frozen driveway to deliver it!

I got a tracking number about an hour ago. It has a delivery date scheduled for yesterday. I didn’t check my mail on Sat. So maybe it did indeed arrive.

But the main thing I’m posting about here is that all current quadio items have tracking numbers sent, and all items are arriving or already arrived within an acceptable time frame.

Bundle #3 has not been a cluster buck for me. I’m thrilled at the entire experience- and excited about listening to these. Really hope the series continues quarterly for quite a while.

(apparently, Quadios were deliverable today - got all 4)

(also got the UFO TV show [PAL format DVDs via Amazon], I'm really interested to see what life will be like in 1980!)

Kirk Bayne
Off topic, but....

I LOVE UFO!!! (The British TV series.) I watched the series recently on Prime. Although so many enjoyed the women on moonbase with the purple hair, Lieutenant Paul Foster was a personal favorite. ;) Do yourself a favor and get Gerry Anderson's Journey to the Far Side of the Sun. The Blu-ray is spectacular, especially since it's from 1969.

Received Spinners replacement last week, Randy arrived yesterday after an email notice, new email notice today for Gil and War, so I expect them in a few days. They must be leaving a lot of cash on the table though with their shipping method.

For those unfamiliar with USPS Informed Delivery, here's what I'm seeing. I don't exactly understand all of it. All I do understand is that it's kinda on its way. I bought two and they are apparently being shipped separately.View attachment 100802View attachment 100803

Copy your tracking and put it in UPS.com. You may very well see more detail there. I do for mine.

For those unfamiliar with USPS Informed Delivery, here's what I'm seeing. I don't exactly understand all of it. All I do understand is that it's kinda on its way. I bought two and they are apparently being shipped separately.View attachment 100802View attachment 100803
Scan history is saying it reached NC, I think that is good news for you!

The dreaded "shipping partner". It means that a third party is involved with shipping your packages. Even though you may get an email saying your
package has shipped, the US Postal Service doesn't even have your packages yet. The only thing accomplished in 4 days is that a shipping label has
been created. My packages have been sitting in Carlesbad,CA for 5 days now and aren't even at the "departed shipping partner" stage yet.

The dreaded "shipping partner". It means that a third party is involved with shipping your packages. Even though you may get an email saying your
package has shipped, the US Postal Service doesn't even have your packages yet. The only thing accomplished in 4 days is that a shipping label has
been created. My packages have been sitting in Carlesbad,CA for 5 days now and aren't even at the "departed shipping partner" stage yet.
That's what I kind of thought. 🫤

Currently listening to WAR and having my morning coffee.........
Can life get any better?
**Edited to add**
And it arrived in an unbroken case!
Probably just jinxed myself on the other 3 somewhere in transit😄

Last edited:
From what I understand the shipments get handed off to UPS or one of it's partners, and is not a designated day guarantee delivery. Eventually the shipments will make it to a USPS regional hub (mine went to Orlando though it is not my USPS hub) and then to YOUR regional USPS hub, IOW where your mail stops before being transported to your post office and then delivered.
Typically sometime the night before or even early morning the mail will make it to my local post office, then dispatched with the carriers who will put it in my mail box.
At least that's the way it works here, although the Jacksonville USPS hub (mine) is one of those LeJoyless designated a one day "slowdown" facility.
Jacksonville is roughly 100 miles from me FWIW.

Back