4 more Quadio titles coming in January 2024! (Titles Announced)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ForagingRhino: I hate to be yet another Karen asking you a personal favor, but as long as you've added QQ Concierge Customer Service Agent to your many other duties (and as long as it's impossible to raise an actual human being at Gnarlywood): do you know if there could have been a problem with the "Add to Cart" coding on the Quadio Bundle #3 page when it first went live on the evening on January 18th?

I used the link that @watsontr published in Post #598 around 10:30 pm PST that night. I'm sure the page displayed Bundle #3 and its associated discs (AWB, Evans, Newman, War). I placed my order (R000069291US) using a working discount code, and went to bed feeling like god was in his heaven and all was right with the world. Got my order confirmation the next morning and filed it in my "Receipts" folder without even opening it. Only when I got a shipping notice last Tuesday did I actually scrutinize the thing and see, to my horror, that they were sending Quadio Bundle #2 (which I already happily bought last fall) rather than Bundle #3!

In a classic absurdist exchange with Gnarlywood's email bots, every one of which failed to register the relevant details of my concern, I eventually wound up with an assurance that "a request to ship out your replacement as soon as possible" had been submitted. But as far as they're concerned, the conversation is over, and I can't get anyone to confirm that they're actually correcting the error and "replacing" the wrong bundle with right one.

If this glitch is somehow unique to me then there's no need to hash it out here. But if there really was a temporary coding error--maybe somebody created the new bundle page using the old page as a template and forgot, at first, to edit the "Add to Cart" link?--and other folks got similarly tripped up, then a public solution might be of interest....

I think some tracks on the AWB release have incorrect channel loudness.
All tracks except "You Got It", "Got the Love" and "Person to Person" are correct.

"You Got It" appears to have its front right channel 3dB too quiet compared to the front left. (I found that it sounds better if the FR is made louder, rather than FL quieter). This is how the front left and front right channels look compared before editing (FL is dark pink, FR is gray/blue; yes, I often compare at different times throughout each song, which is why the before and after graphs look dissimilar):
You Got It (before +3).png

And here's how it looks after:
You Got It (after +3).png

"Got the Love" also appears to have its front right channel 3dB too quiet compared to the front left.
Before:
Got the Love (before +3).png

After:
Got the Love (after +3).png

"Person to Person" seems to have the front right channel 1.5dB too quiet compared to the front left.
Before:
Person to Person (before +1.5).png

After:
Person to Person (after +1.5).png

These (supposed) issues are nowhere near as bad as the errors on the Spinners disc.

Anyone know to how to physically differentiate the original Spinners quad disc from the replacement? Have ordered one from Amazon which should be here tomorrow. Want to make sure it’s the newer one…
Amazon has stock sent out only from the repressed discs. It will be the good one.

"Still processing at the warehouse."
Added to the next priority ship list.
Appreciate you checking on this but I paid full price on the day these were released. They should have been on the first priority ship list. It’s been 10 days since Rhino was paid in full and they havent been shipped!? Like I said, shameful. I certainly would like to have a tracking number today. They should be shipped overnight mail.

Back