• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Keane - HOPES AND FEARS [SACD/DualDisc DVD-A]

Rate the SACD/DVD-A of Keane - HOPES AND FEARS

• Total voters

Mike the Fish

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
"Hopes and Fears" was just re-issued on vinyl for those of you who like this album.
I meant to mention that! The original sounded nice, but I sold it when it became valuable and I preferred the remastered CD. I don't recall there being a huge amount in it. I wonder if it's the same cut...

kap'n krunch

organ of Corti junkie
Soo..to recap....

swapping front and rears and lowering the Center channel at least 6 dB does it????

I really like Keane, but, to me , is their masterpiece and the one that should have received the MCH mix was UTIS....

Mike the Fish

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I'm not massively fond of UTIS, there are tracks I like on it a lot but I find it inconsistent and I found the sequencing of the tracks a bit clumsy at one spot. I just found out this morning that rewiring for Hopes... is a little more work than I anticipated as I use the pre-amp out to my stereo amp for the front pair. Looks like I might pick up some cheap cable to just run across the room to swap front and back!

I'm a bit late to the party on this, hopefully there are still some beers and girls left! :cool:

Got the SACD when it first came out but always thought it was odd sounding...

Well, well, well... Would you Adam and Eve it?! Swapping the fronts and rears fixes it and you have a great surround album! Haven't had time to fully play around with the levels yet...

There's a few releases like this going out with the wrong channel mapping? Some people clearly haven't got a Scooby Doo!

So cheers Fredblue for the heads up!

Soz for the bump was just wondering if there is another programme like audacity that can candle dsd type files?

All things considering I'm voting an 8.