Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screen shot 2015-12-05 at 3.15.17 PM.jpg This is still such a rewarding listen for me: The Fixx 1011 Woodland DVD Audio, warm.

This is a stand out disc for me, the mix and fidelity are that good. No issues with the vocals, my center gets it done nicely. What fun:Screen shot 2015-12-05 at 4.15.32 PM.png Tears For Fears Songs From The Big Chair Blu.

A mass of new CDs have arrived at once, but I find myself listening to this rather wonderful SACD from BIS. It is classical, a varied programme, beautifully recorded, and with full discrete use of the rear speakers - not just ambiance.

View attachment 23311

I really like this one, too. Imaginative program of music and beautifully recorded. :eek:

Kreator Enemy Of God DVD A I made from the DTS DVD. I have worked on this for awhile. Not the greatest surround mix. One of those where it is multi channel stereo with discrete bits here and there. I have enhanced bass, and amplified all the discrete guitar parts in rears so they stand out more. At least it was not brick walled to begin with.

image.jpeg

Michael Praetorius - Complete Organ Works (SACD)

Friedhelm Flamme

CPO has an excellent series of Baroque Organ music. The surrounds are ambient but amply immersive. All are highly recommended.

Judy Collins-Colors Of The Day SACD-I'm listening to it as I do things on the computer...crystal clear vocals...it's my first time listening to this disc and her music...I like what I hear in content and sound quality...

Songs From The Big Chair - some songs just sound amazing, others not quite as much.....

Shout sounds pretty good....I don't notice buried vocals.
Everybody Wants To Own The World - just sounds rich, thick and punchy....outstanding!
Head Over Heals - again, pretty punchy....good stuff.

Allman Brothers "Idlewild South", had a couple of low volume passes over the last couple of days and it sounded very good. Am finally getting the high volume listen and I really like what I hear, there is no doubt that this is 5.1 with a capital 5! Sound is full and discrete all the way around and I don't think I hear a quiet speaker at any time! Hoping more is to come, need the 1st album and Brothers and Sisters now (well as soon as possible (y)) Also really enjoying the alternate "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" I think I like it better than the original tho not as much as the Fillmore version, but hey they are all great! Also "One More Ride" is a great stomper right up there with "Statesboro Blues" makes me want to get up and dance...and I hate dancing. Oh and while I am thinking about it Gregg Allman "Laid Back" in 5.1 too please!

Songs From The Big Chair - some songs just sound amazing, others not quite as much.....

Everybody Wants To Own The World - just sounds rich, thick and punchy....outstanding!
I just bought this album and it has quickly turned into one of my favorites. I listen to it daily.

I would also add "The Working Hour" and "Listen" to that list, but everything sounds great on that disc except "Broken". Damn multitracks going missing… :violin

image.jpeg

Hamilton Sterling and Jimmy Haslip - Migration (DVD-A)

Slightly dark, but fascinating ambient music with vast, tranquil soundscapes. The last track starts out more like a progressive jazz piece but towards the end it goes back to a more ambient electronic sound and brings the album to a close. The rears are active with discrete elements. Here's an interview with Hamilton Sterling in which he discusses multichannel surround sound... http://usoproject.blogspot.jp/2012/08/an-interview-with-hamilton-sterling_27.html

View attachment 23454

Hamilton Sterling and Jimmy Haslip - Migration (DVD-A)

Slightly dark, but fascinating ambient music with vast, tranquil soundscapes. The last track starts out more like a progressive jazz piece but towards the end it goes back to a more ambient electronic sound and brings the album to a close. The rears are active with discrete elements. Here's an interview with Hamilton Sterling in which he discusses multichannel surround sound... http://usoproject.blogspot.jp/2012/08/an-interview-with-hamilton-sterling_27.html

Glad you approved Lute. Why don't you sign up for a free hand signed copy of Janet Feder's This Close.....Under QQ door Prize #64 https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...se-quot-multichannel-SACD&p=273184#post273184 Remember, we both love her first album Songs With Words.

Back