Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Loving QQ is all that's on my miiiiiiind...."

It Feels So Good - The Manhattans

(Guys, Girls, if you haven't heard this one in Quad yet, it is truly smoochingly funkily unashamedly sexily gorgeous, you have to check it out.. it's a late era Quad so you might not be able to find the Q8 or SQ LP every day of the week.. but I may know someone "who knows someone who knows someone" that might enable you to hear it if you drop me a PM... ;) :eek: )

image.jpg

Haha.. ;)

Sorry for going off on one... :eek: ...it was just so stark, the comparison of the old surround DVD-A versus Steven Wilson's new one, there really is - as they say - "no comparison"..! :upthumb

Actually it was great to see someone "go off" about a release being great...it's almost always how bad it was and how we were cheated and deceived by the mean old record company:slap:

Actually it was great to see someone "go off" about a release being great...it's almost always how bad it was and how we were cheated and deceived by the mean old record company:slap:

Thanks Clint, you're a reality check for your mates on here and being a leveller like that is a sign of a true friend who isn't afraid to tell you it like it is :)

You know me well enough by now, I like to keep it real but to give credit where credit's due.. I accept I have been a bit negative towards some new releases lately (the Hackett box that I just couldn't justify getting like 14 discs I'd never listen to for 2 genuine SW 5.1's.. the Beatles personal disappointment, yes its a video release but I got my hopes up unrealistically so. and well, the rest is history.. :eek: ) but we move on and there have been SO MANY AMAZING things to be thankful for in surround throughout 2015, I'm focussing on that right now (and enjoying all the old Quad records I've picked up over the last 6 months.. :eek: )

I can't wait to see - and hear - what 2016 holds for us all, I think it's going to be a good one, my fellow QQ-ers..!! :51banana:

Had a rare surround Sunday and enjoyed, the Best of the Doors, Loggins & Messina and was able to listen to most of :)violin) the Earth Wind & Fire Audio Fidelity SACD's. We need a national surround sound holiday, or maybe four.

Antiquasauria - Ian Cooke
This ones interesting. A bit loud, I'd say, but upon adjusting the volume, it doesn't seem to suffer.
The best thing is the character development. Ya know, you really want the poor Dino to win in the end. Poor thing.
Seriously, this is cool.

A fine effort, if the instrumentals were also 5.1, that would have made the whole thing truly fantastic. I have no issues with Mr. Cooke's vocals but sadly others around this humble house do.

Huh. I have no issues with the vocals. They feel a little hipster to me, but there's room in my world for that.
I just wish the drums weren't buried on most tracks.

Huh. I have no issues with the vocals. They feel a little hipster to me, but there's room in my world for that.
I just wish the drums weren't buried on most tracks.
No offense intended Sir Baggins the concern is here at home. And prominent drums are always a plus for me as well.

No offense intended Sir Baggins the concern is here at home. And prominent drums are always a plus for me.

Oh, no offense at all, bruthuh. I had nothing to do with the project! I just find objections to the vocals to be a little bewildering - they just seem pleasant enough.
Maybe it's because they're floating so high above the other elements? They are pretty stinkin loud. And, there's no accounting for taste!

A mass of new CDs have arrived at once, but I find myself listening to this rather wonderful SACD from BIS. It is classical, a varied programme, beautifully recorded, and with full discrete use of the rear speakers - not just ambiance.

melancholy.jpg

Back