Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After listening to the Hoff Ensemble on Tidal, I had to order it. This should sound great in surround. Thanks, Elmer for the recommendation. That's why I love this site. Always finding new sonic adventures.
I have "Quiet Winter Night" also by Hoff Ensemble. I highly recommend it.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Nick Drake - A Treasury (not a surround sound extravaganza by any stretch, but still a nice listen)

Nicj Drake.jpg

Imagine Dragons - Smoke + Mirrors Live on BD-V in Dolby Atmos (listening to 7.1 core). Great concert, nice cover of Alphaville’s Forever Young

Heaven & Hell - Live At Radio City Music Hall on BD-V in 5.1
Dio, Iommi, Butler and Appice. “Remember, if you listen to fools, the mob RULES!”
Iommi is always worth the price of admission:rocks
BC1A6F7D-3E7D-4F73-ACB2-781F25C3255B.jpeg

Imagine Dragons - Smoke + Mirrors Live on BD-V in Dolby Atmos (listening to 7.1 core). Great concert, nice cover of Alphaville’s Forever Young

Dio, Iommi, Butler and Appice. “Remember, if you listen to fools, the mob RULES!”
Iommi is always worth the price of admission:rocksView attachment 33284

I love that shelf! (y)

Iommi is always worth the price of admission:rocksView attachment 33284

How is the surround mix on the Heaven and Hell disc?

Sting - Ten Summoner’s Tales (DTS-CD)

How I wish DTS would produce more of these discs.

DTS Entertainment 'graduated' to producing a nice run of CHOICE LOSSLESS MLP DVD~As but DTS 5.1 discs are still being released today......just NOT by them. But we can still credit DTS Entertainment for originating 5.1 music only discs.

A listing of DTS Entertainment DTS RBCD, DVD~Audio and DVD~V/RBCD combo discs: https://www.discogs.com/label/34886-DTS-Entertainment

Last edited:
Steven Wilson - To the Bone

One I'd kept putting off, but I found a copy of the blu-ray at a local record store - Was surprised to see it there and I do like to support the local shops, so I couldn't pass it up. First listen in surround. This is not my favorite from SW by any stretch (which is why I hadn't picked it up earlier...) but it's certainly more enjoyable in surround. And Pariah sounds every bit as good as I'd imagined it would! (y)

Back