Pineapple Thief summer 2018 release Dissolution

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firmware in my Panasonic is up to date (last update for the player was back in 2014....could maybe use a new one huh?). Popped the disc in the Oppo 83 and it loaded up just fine.

Love this album so far, especially the last 2 tracks. Gavin is really a band member now, co-writing most of the songs. Nice.

The re-imagened tracks are something special. In the past Bruce had his acoustic versions which are great, but now he has outdone himself and created the re-imagined versions. Very nice. And just like the main album also in surround.
Another great release from Bruce and co.

TPT's blu ray releases are really the standard these days for multichannel release of new material.

I was unaware that the acoustic album was also in 5.1! So cool!

My first (attentive) listen through. Stellar surround mix, and impeccable sound quality, and highly crankable. Not much else to add at this point; the songs will take a few listens to set in for me.

My first (attentive) listen through. Stellar surround mix, and impeccable sound quality, and highly crankable. Not much else to add at this point; the songs will take a few listens to set in for me.

That pretty much sums up my first impression too - mix is very good and can be enjoyed (more?) at a fairly hefty volume. I'm going to rip the cd's so I can listen to 2ch mixes in the car as I've more time there to get to know the songs more.

I was unaware that the acoustic album was also in 5.1! So cool!

Yes, matering is pretty good for a modern rock album. Good to hear TPT and Steve Kitch especially is going the higher DR route. The stereo remasters of some of their albums are recommended as well.

So anyone tried it with Oppo 103? I need to be sure it will play without hassle before pull the trigger...

I guess I should clarify my post about my Oppo 103D not playing the disc properly... The player actually doesn't have any problems with the disc, so when I put the album on it starts and runs flawlessly. Only that - for whatever reason - the player generated GUI is kind of slow when being opened up by the INFO button. Everything else is fine.

Unfortunately another one star review has been added to Amazon UK due to the disc not working, this time on Panasonic players, which was mentioned earlier in this thread. It’s a shame that the album has a one star rating on such a high profile website, when it’s nothing to do with the music itself, although of course for those purchasers if it doesn’t work the rating is justified.

I’ll add a short five star review on Amazon to balance it out a bit as it works fine on my Sony player and it’s a brilliant album (y)

I have another cheap Panasonic - a DMP-BD60 in the room where the exercise equipment is....tried that one just to confirm the pattern......no go there either, latest avail firmware. Hopefully this is going to be rectified at some point in some manner.

Neil W thinks he has identified the problem with these newer Blu-ray Discs and certain older Panasonic Blu-Ray players.
We're gonna test a new ISO image on one of these affected players and see if this supposed fix does the trick.

Hang on tight, folks! We'll figure this out soon hopefully!

:)

Thanks for the update, and kudos to Neil for keeping on top of these things and working to find solutions. (y)

Dare I say that Gavin Harrison is a better fit in TPT versus PT? If you think he’s a mediocre drummer, just listen for the break in Threatening War through to the end of that song. Also the ride symbol and drumming during White Mist. Parts of that song remind me of Fear Of A Blank Planet. Incredible!

Back