Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could've sworn there were at least 2 more pages in this thread today, then when I clicked on it, it vanished! :eek:

Many posts violated this tenet of QQ:
Do not request or offer for sale or trade copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.
So those posts were removed and sent away, especially seeing as how the REAL 5.1 surround release of "Animals" is supposed to be released later this year.

So those posts were removed and sent away, especially seeing as how the REAL 5.1 surround release of "Animals" is supposed to be released later this year.

Anyone who's been around for a while would be familiar with that tenet; others might be in the dark, as the "Terms and rules" page seems to have been a casualty of the site upgrade. (If you click on that link from the lower-right corner of this page, anyway, you get a "This page isn't working" error.)

Last edited:

Ok I get it....I meant no harm, wasn’t selling anything and it was just for informational purposes only. Can you please reinstate my privileges?

Hmmm......ok seems only my posts were removed not my ability to post😀

It's all kooo MMS, seems like an honest mistake and seems like you were just trying to give some info on something you found. :LB

Think even Snood ran afoul of that rule by mistake waaaaaaaaaay back :unsure:

Even Baggy had a dust up with the mods in his early days. Didn't know that posting about upmixes was ok, so was trying to be a bit discreet and vague.
Turns out, the mods wanted it crystal clear. How was one to know? So, there can be a bit of a learning curve here, but the mods intentions are good.

From a recent Rolling Stone interview with Nick Mason:
Both songs finally appeared, officially, in the massive 2016 archival set The Early Years 1965-1972. Is there anything left in the cupboard for a follow-up?
Not that I know of. The only thing we’ll probably do is a release of [1977’s] Animals, with new remastering.
Are there any live shows from that tour to go with it?
Not that we can think of [laughs]. But we’ll keep looking

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...set-reviving-bands-early-work-onstage-665951/

We know they recorded stereo fold downs to cassette from the soundboard on the tour. The guitar and keys are statically mixed to the stereo cassette (pre quad system sends).
Maybe they still have some of them? I would think so. Maybe they still have the quad fx reel from the tour? There are a few exceptional audience recordings from the tour and a few of them with multiple recorders at the same show actually capturing some of the live quad mix with the panning soloing instruments and so forth.

I thought the Best of NA Tour '77 from just the audience sources turned out pretty full blooded if I do say so myself. Having access to those cassettes and possibly the quad fx reel in addition would make for a pretty complete and full fidelity live recording. That would be a fun challenge to work on!

I'd love to see an Immersion level box set released for Animals, but as it's not as well known or popular as Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, and the Wall, I'm not betting on it.
It would have been a good opportunity to include the live performances of Raving and Drooling and You Got to Be Crazy, but they already released them as part of the WYWH boxed set.

While we wait for the 5.1 mix of Animals, the official Pink Floyd store is now selling Pink Floyd straight jackets. :eek: All this can be yours for the bargain price of $99.

X3CMPF75-01.jpg
X3CMPF75.jpg

Last edited:
Back