What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am now foot tapping to the SACD version of Jimmy Witherspoons Big Blues by JSP Records. IMO this is one great recording...soooo discrete. I can only recommend this to one and all, as it flew under my radar, until recently. If you are into sax then them rears are all full of it. Is there a poll listing for this release?

Lots of Vocalion Quad retreads:
Rose Garden & Greatest Hits - Lynn Anderson SACD Multi
Beethoven: Piano Conciertos 3 & 5 - Barenboim & Rubenstein SACD Multi
Haydn: Mass in Time of War - Bernstein/New York SACD Multi
Return of Pink Panther & Symphonic Soul - Mancini SACD Multi
Road Food & #10 - Guess Who SACD Multi
All American Boy & Spring Fever - Rick Derringer SACD Multi

I am now foot tapping to the SACD version of Jimmy Witherspoons Big Blues by JSP Records. IMO this is one great recording...soooo discrete. I can only recommend this to one and all, as it flew under my radar, until recently. If you are into sax then them rears are all full of it. Is there a poll listing for this release?
Its a good album, I've enjoyed all the Blues JSP surround SACDs.

My latest SACD's are from Dutton Vocalion

Rick Derringer
Hues Corporation
The Guess Who
I have the same. 1. Played Hues Corporation twice, like it overall, but will not rate it yet (probably 8-9). 2. Still in awe of Rick Derringer SACD. (reason why I have not played Hues Corp more). 3. Yet to play The Guess Who (refer to 2).

A bit late to the game, but I received today three elusive bastards: Elton John's 1st, Madmen and Tumbleweed SACDs and Parsons's A Valid Path DVDA.

nice haul! better late than never! ;)

all these years later (and a fair few MultiCh albums under the belt now) those EJ 5.1's are still amongst my all-time favourite surround music mixes :love:

"all we need" now are those unreleased Elton surround mixes (Don't Shoot Me I'm Only The Piano Player, Caribou, Rock Of The Westies, Here & There, Blue Moves..) I haven't lost hope altogether.. as QQ RT would say; "Hope springs eternal..!" :ROFLMAO:

nice haul! better late than never! ;)

all these years later (and a fair few MultiCh albums under the belt now) those EJ 5.1's are still amongst my all-time favourite surround music mixes :love:

"all we need" now are those unreleased Elton surround mixes (Don't Shoot Me I'm Only The Piano Player, Caribou, Rock Of The Westies, Here & There, Blue Moves..) I haven't lost hope altogether.. as QQ RT would say; "Hope springs eternal..!" :ROFLMAO:
Definitely! I'm pretty familiar with the music and mixes as I've had the SACD rips for years... I've been patiently waiting to grab a good offer for the official discs

Jaune : Jean-Pierre Ferland (2 CD + 5.1 DVD-A box set)

i0WDI0C.jpeg

hC59fW5.jpeg

KdxAdrQ.jpeg

Cq6e2Yy.jpeg

NMyNR5M.jpeg

9GaqKoJ.jpeg

Although I've never heard of the artist, Adam, SO refreshing to see the MLP moniker on the DVD~A set. What are your impressions of the music?

hey Ralphiepie, i haven't got around to playing it yet, it only came today.. its always welcome to see an honest to Betsy MLP DVD-A, indeed..!
perhaps not quite so exciting to discover this set did in fact come out 13 years ago when DVD-A was still sorta kinda maybe borderline a horse in the race! eek :ROFLMAO: still it's a nice looking set ("..and it was all yellow..")

Definitely! I'm pretty familiar with the music and mixes as I've had the SACD rips for years... I've been patiently waiting to grab a good offer for the official discs

i just wanted to follow up on this EJ 5.1 chatter by expressing surprise (bordering on alarm! ;)) when I looked up current prices for these Elton John Surround SACDs and discovered (shlock horror! :eek:) they are seemingly becoming a tad more scarce (at last! could be a good thing! nuff said! :p) with Honky Château already commanding rather OTT sums on eBay/Discogs and the like (in the region of $50 USD) and Captain Fantastic not too far behind (oiro $40 USD).. anyway.. there is the EJ Snooze and you lose News at Nine(ish) :geek:

i just wanted to follow up on this EJ 5.1 chatter by expressing surprise (bordering on alarm! ;)) when I looked up current prices for these Elton John Surround SACDs and discovered (shlock horror! :eek:) they are seemingly becoming a tad more scarce (at last! could be a good thing! nuff said! :p) with Honky Château already commanding rather OTT sums on eBay/Discogs and the like (in the region of $50 USD) and Captain Fantastic not too far behind (oiro $40 USD).. anyway.. there is the EJ Snooze and you lose News at Nine(ish) :geek:
Yep, I've got Captain and Honky on my watchlist, no hurry at all as I have SACD-R copies of both. One of these days they'll be mine (I'm not willing to pay more than 20€ per disc for now)

Back