Howard Jones surround mixes from Cherry Red!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't done Atmos for these releases - my 5.1 mixes were actually done a while ago.... Clearmountain's were added more recently while Howard was in LA

I am in the position to do Atmos now....
SWT
cant wait for your first Atmos ! Gee, wonder what it will be, said the fly on the wall................

Same here! Looking forward to hearing some Atmos from you Stephen! (And of course, the HoJo 5.1's!) Any chance of Patrick Moraz or Procol Harum since their catalogs are now with Cherry Red/Esoteric?

What I have done is recreated the whole albums as a continuous experience - no fade outs and every track connected. That is just what I do. It was never about individual songs but a complete journey for the complete albums.

THIS is why it makes these unique releases. More information coming......
Hope the releases won't take too long. Really appreciate what you've done.

I played the heck out of "Human's Lib" and "Dream Into Action" back in the day. I will jump on the opportunity to have these in 5.1 especially with Mr. Tayler doing the mix!

Hopefully I can share some information soon - my relationship with Howard has been a very important part of my history from the early 80s until now.

I have put my heart and soul into the works for the upcoming releases, as i did for the original albums - so I really hope it will express what I want to share with everyone. As ever it depends on what the label wants to release, so I hope to find out more soon!!

So many anniversaries!! This represents the 40th Anniversary of HoJo's first releases.

SWTx
I have been a HOJO fan since the beginning, especially the 12" mixes. Very innovative. Saw him live in Toronto 4 months ago. Fresh as ever!

The 5.1 / 7.1 mixes will be astounding as the songs are already suited to immersive surround.
Can't wait for the releases.

A few years back, a greatest video hits collection was made in 5.1. Does anyone know who did the mixes or how they were done? I am wondering if these are the mixes that will be used in the upcoming HoJo releases?
I did enjoy his piano solos 5.1. I thought the Engage 5.1 mix was good, although the material in some respects was ambitious, it lacked the brilliant pop hooks of his earlier albums.

A few years back, a greatest video hits collection was made in 5.1. Does anyone know who did the mixes or how they were done? I am wondering if these are the mixes that will be used in the upcoming HoJo releases?
I did enjoy his piano solos 5.1. I thought the Engage 5.1 mix was good, although the material in some respects was ambitious, it lacked the brilliant pop hooks of his earlier albums.
I had this DVD (but sold it a few years ago). I really hope those mixes aren’t the same ones and that SWT has redone them. I seem to recall they felt like boring upmixes. Nothing discreet IIRC.

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/howard-jones-human-s-lib-blu-ray-and-cd-edition

3dpackshot-human-sticker.jpg

The Blu-Ray disc contains a 5.1 Surround Sound Mix and 96/24 LPCM 2024 New Stereo Mix of the entire ‘Human’s Lib’ album plus bonus tracks ‘Always Asking Questions’, ‘New Song (Farmyard Version)’ and ‘China Dance’.

The 5.1 Surround Sound Remix and 2024 New Stereo Mix created from the original multi-track master tapes by the original ‘Human’s Lib’ album engineer Stephen W Tayler.

The Blu-Ray disc also contains Dolby Atmos mixes of ‘What Is Love?’, ‘Hide And Seek’ and ‘New Song (Farmyard Version)’ created from the original multi-track master tapes by Bob Clearmountain.

The CD contains the 2024 New Stereo Mix of the entire ‘Human’s Lib’ album plus bonus tracks ‘Always Asking Questions’, ‘New Song (Farmyard Version)’ and ‘China Dance’.

Packaged in a digipack with a fully illustrated 12-page CD booklet containing brand new interviews with Howard Jones and Stephen W Tayler in conversation with Anil Prasad discussing the 5.1 Surround Sound Remix and 96/24 LPCM 2024 New Stereo Mix.

TRACK LISTING

DISC ONE

Blu-Ray - 5.1 Surround Sound Mix and 96/24 LPCM 2024 New Stereo Mix

1 Conditioning

2 What Is Love?

3 Pearl In The Shell

4 Hide And Seek

5 Hunt The Self

6 New Song

7 Don’t Always Look At The Rain

8 Equality

9 Natural

10 Human’s Lib

11 Always Asking Questions

12 New Song (Farmyard Version)

13 China Dance

Dolby Atmos Mixes:

1 What Is Love?

2 New Song (Farmyard Version)

3 Hide And Seek

DISC TWO

CD - 2024 New Stereo Mix

1 Conditioning

2 What Is Love?

3 Pearl In The Shell

4 Hide And Seek

5 Hunt The Self

6 New Song

7 Don’t Always Look At The Rain

8 Equality

9 Natural

10 Human’s Lib

11 Always Asking Questions

12 New Song (Farmyard Version)

13 China Dance

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/howard-jones-dream-into-action-blu-ray-and-cd-edition

3d-packshot-dream-sticker.jpg

The Blu-Ray disc contains a 5.1 Surround Sound mix and 96/24 LPCM 2024 New Stereo Mix of the entire ‘Dream Into Action’ album plus bonus tracks ‘Bounce Right Back’ and ‘Like To Get To Know You Well’.

The 5.1 Surround Sound Remix and 96/24 LPCM 2024 New Stereo Mix created from the original multi-track mastertapes by the original ‘Dream Into Action’ album engineer Stephen W Tayler.

The Blu-Ray disc also contains Dolby Atmos mixes of ‘Things Can Only Get Better’ and ‘Like To Get To Know You Well’ created from the original multi-track mastertapes by Bob Clearmountain.

The CD contains the 2024 New Stereo Mix of the entire ‘Dream Into Action’ album plus bonus tracks ‘Bounce Right Back’ and ‘Like To Get To Know You Well’.

Packaged in a digipack with a fully illustrated 12 page CD booklet containing brand new interviews with Howard Jones and Stephen W Tayler in conversation with Anil Prasad discussing the 5.1 Surround Sound Remix and 96/24 LPCM 2024 New Stereo Mix.

TRACK LISTING

DISC ONE

Blu-Ray - 5.1 Surround Sound Mix and 96/24 LPCM 2024 New Stereo Mix

1 Things Can Only Get Better

2 Life In One Day

3 Dream Into Action

4 No One Is To Blame

5 Look Mama

6 Assault And Battery

7 Automaton

8 Is There A Difference?

9 Elegy

10 Specialty

11 Why Look For The Key

12 Hunger For The Flesh

13 Bounce Right Back

14 Like To Get To Know You Well

Dolby Atmos Mixes:

2 Like To Get To Know You Well

DISC TWO

CD - 2024 New Stereo Mix

2 Life In One Day

3 Dream Into Action

4 No One Is To Blame

5 Look Mama

6 Assault And Battery

7 Automaton

8 Is There A Difference?

9 Elegy

10 Specialty

11 Why Look For The Key

12 Hunger For The Flesh

13 Bounce Right Back

14 Like To Get To Know You Well

Last edited:
Awesome news!! Personally I’m fine with ‘only’ 5.1 for the complete albums. (Bonus Atmos mixes are great)

Pardon my ignorance: what are the ‘Farmyard versions’??

Never heard of this guy before, will give these albums a listen. If they’re similarly priced to other CD/Blu-ray sets I’ll definitely be picking them up!

Awesome news!! Personally I’m fine with ‘only’ 5.1 for the complete albums. (Bonus Atmos mixes are great)

Pardon my ignorance: what are the ‘Farmyard versions’??
The original single version was made and released before the album was made, so the alternative version was recorded at Farmyard Studios.....

Back