Howard Jones surround mixes from Cherry Red!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Straight from Howard Jones' Facebook page:

Cherry Red have some cracking new releases for you during the coming year including surround mixes from @Stephen W Tayler and Dolby Atmos mixes of some vintage Hojo tracks from Bob Clearmountain.

:51QQ
Stephen is ideal to do the surround as he mixed the first 2 Howard Jones albums

Stephen is ideal to do the surround as he mixed the first 2 Howard Jones albums
I just dug out my LP of the first album "Human's Lib" and credited on saxophone on the track "Pearl In The Shell" is one Stephen W Taylor.

I wasn't that enamoured by a lot of the 'new' music in the 80s, but bands like Talk Talk, Tears For Fears & people like Howard Jones made it into my album collection

Hopefully I can share some information soon - my relationship with Howard has been a very important part of my history from the early 80s until now.

I have put my heart and soul into the works for the upcoming releases, as i did for the original albums - so I really hope it will express what I want to share with everyone. As ever it depends on what the label wants to release, so I hope to find out more soon!!

So many anniversaries!! This represents the 40th Anniversary of HoJo's first releases.

SWTx

I’m in for the first two which were among my first CD purchases.

(I bought them from a small shop near me that actually discounted CDs! Unheard of in Australia in the mid eighties, it was list price for everything back then. The guy that owned that shop sold it to JB Hi Fi a few years later, they are now the biggest electronics chain in AU, but instead of just selling CD, DVDs and TV/HiFi they now flog iPhones, computers and games, washing machines and kitchen appliances…)

Hopefully I can share some information soon - my relationship with Howard has been a very important part of my history from the early 80s until now.

I have put my heart and soul into the works for the upcoming releases, as i did for the original albums - so I really hope it will express what I want to share with everyone. As ever it depends on what the label wants to release, so I hope to find out more soon!!

So many anniversaries!! This represents the 40th Anniversary of HoJo's first releases.

SWTx

Stephen, does "including surround mixes from Stephen Tayler and Dolby Atmos mixes of some vintage Hojo tracks from Bob Clearmountain" imply that you are not doing Atmos? Excited for these, regardless.

Stephen, does "including surround mixes from Stephen Tayler and Dolby Atmos mixes of some vintage Hojo tracks from Bob Clearmountain" imply that you are not doing Atmos? Excited for these, regardless.
I haven't done Atmos for these releases - my 5.1 mixes were actually done a while ago.... Clearmountain's were added more recently while Howard was in LA

I am in the position to do Atmos now....

I haven't done Atmos for these releases - my 5.1 mixes were actually done a while ago.... Clearmountain's were added more recently while Howard was in LA

I am in the position to do Atmos now....
SWT
cant wait for your first Atmos ! Gee, wonder what it will be, said the fly on the wall................

Back