Requests of Esoteric/Cherry Red/Atomhenge Surround discs by Stephen W Tayler ...etc.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I know that the Cherry Red etc website has some incredible artists that many of us would love to see obtain the surround treatment.

Not all... but lately many to most , are being undertaken by Stephen W Tayler .
@Stephen W Tayler
So in an effort to spur some interest , for S.W. Tayler's fine surround projects ...perhaps we can help matters somewhat by listing our favourites for his appreciation.
Oh ...I know it might be a bit of a long shot ...but I think Stephen W. Tayler has demonstrated his savvy surround abilities, and we on qq wish his surround projects to continue. So with a little help from his qq fans , please list your faves from the CherryRed and associated catalog.

Thankyou Stephen W Tayler, and may you continue your surround projects well into the future, with our full blessings .
A great big congratulations for all your past and upcoming efforts.

-fizzy

Well in the Cherry Red catalogue three 70's artists immediately stand out, for me ... in the prog rock genre.

Procol Harum ....
The Strawbs..and,
10CC

Also 70's Atomhenge PROG ROCK wonders Hawkwind. I only hope you can make wonders with their early albums , such as "Hall Of The Mountain Grill".
If ever a disc needed your 5.1 talents..this one is the one.

And how! Haha. (I think it's just AWBH) This would be the next one after GFTO that I want Wilson to remix! But I digress already.

This is easy for me:
Hawkwind
Hawkwind - In Search Of Space
Hawkwind - Doreme fasolatedo
Hawkwind - Hall of the Mountain Grill

So I understand ISOS is already in the works?!
That's already unbelievably great news!

I thought the 5.1 remix of Space Ritual was greatness and put the original to shame. Not just anyone could mix this weird shit and get it even close either!

And how! Haha. (I think it's just AWBH) This would be the next one after GFTO that I want Wilson to remix! But I digress already.

This is easy for me:
Hawkwind
Hawkwind - In Search Of Space
Hawkwind - Doreme fasolatedo
Hawkwind - Hall of the Mountain Grill

So I understand ISOS is already in the works?!
That's already unbelievably great news!

I thought the 5.1 remix of Space Ritual was greatness and put the original to shame. Not just anyone could mix this weird shit and get it even close either!
+1 :SG

I'm very excited about the deluxe edition of In Search of Space. Hall of the Mountain Grill is my favorite. Astounding Sounds Amazing Music has grown on me over the years. I would really dig that getting the SWT 5.1 treatment.

I did a quick peak on the Esoteric site, and came up with a small number.

There are lots left to choose from , but I came up with these few.

Audience - The House On The Hill..and,
Aphrodites Child...although not listed the album '666' , would sound fine in surround . There are 2 others listed though.

Eric Burdon (and the Animals)...any of the Animals and Burdon need 5.1.

Tangerine Dream ...any of their late 70's and 80's require surround mixes.

Not in the Esoteric Catalogue, but on UMG records , ...my Favourite British Blues Rock artists really need a 5.1 preparing for all or any of
SAVOY BROWN's albums .
Oh say from "Getting To The Point to "Jack The Toad" . That's a good start , my favourite albums are Hellbound Train, Lookin In , and Street Corner Talking , but any early Savoy Brown's would be a dream come true.

Also on UMG , and overlooked :

TRAFFIC.., I think have some fantastic Blues Rock albums , again any would do, including their live 70's albums.

Anyway those above mentioned are a great start . I'm certain there are others.

Hello folks - what a lovely thread!! Lots of good ideas!

There are a few iconic albums I would love to have a go at - and I have to hope that multitracks are available....

But I do have to be commissioned or given the go-ahead to do these, I sadly just can't decide what I want to do off my own bat.....

However, there are as usual some fabulous and unexpected albums currently in the pipeline - and who knows what is coming next!!

And - as ever - I live in the world that prefers to keep things secret until the last minute - rather than the new world where everything has to be announced and talked about way too far in advance....

What a strange world we live in....

SWTx

There are a few iconic albums I would love to have a go at - and I have to hope that multitracks are available....

But I do have to be commissioned or given the go-ahead to do these, I sadly just can't decide what I want to do off my own bat.....

However, there are as usual some fabulous and unexpected albums currently in the pipeline - and who knows what is coming next!!

And - as ever - I live in the world that prefers to keep things secret until the last minute - rather than the new world where everything has to be announced and talked about way too far in advance....

SWTx

Hi Stephen
this song is for you. Merry Christmas

SWTx

I understand perfectly. Sometimes it's best when the surround album/s you spun your magic on are announced as a big surprise!

I love all the ideas here!!! Thank you everyone!

As usual I am not at liberty to reveal what I am up to (I so enjoy the mystery that creates!), but there are some indeed fascinating projects awaiting release, and several in the process of being made right now!

I have to say there are a handful of classic albums, some of which influenced me, and some I was involved with originally, that i would love to have a go at - but I have to be asked to do them officially in whatever format. I do try to request some of them, and I do need to be asked to present in Atmos, still waiting for first official one - hey - I'm ready!!!

Wishing you all happy holidays, and looking forward to 2024 which looks very interesting!!

SWTx

Back